Unable to redownload Aerofly FS 2021 even with sufficient space - SOLVED

• Hi,

I can't redownload Aerofly FS 2021 even with sufficient space remaining on my iPad Pro 12.9" 2nd Gen. I've used Aerofly for hours on end with no issue prior to this.

26.9 GB out of 32 GB used up prior to beginning download attempt. I have deleted, and then redownloaded Aerofly in the past without any issues. I do not receive any notifications about there not being enough space available to download the app.

All I see is the "offload symbol" for iOS displayed. I've tapped the app (which would begin the redownload despite me not ever offloading the app), and it would happen again, putting me back to square one.

I've deleted the "app" entirely (even though it's not really there, just the icon) and attempted the process via the app store to no avail. The furthest I've ever seen it go was 5/8 of a circle. Click here to see what I mean by that. If I recall correctly, whenever the app download process "resets", the available storage goes back 26.9 GB out of 32 GB. As of typing this, I'm watching the storage slowly go up (right now at 27.4 GB) so I know that the changes show up in real time. I doubt it's a connection issue. I've downloaded Aerofly in the past with choppy connection, and the download simply resumed when the connection picked back up.

This is my first time downloading Aerofly after purchasing it and deleting it with the latest version (20.21.33).

I've tried to be as clear as possible with details in my situation, but if you need any more info feel free to ask. I know you guys have a lot to juggle at the moment, but if you could look into this I'd appreciate it. Thank you!

• Unfortunately there is little we can do, we don't manage the app download, that is done by the app store and the operating software of your device (iOS). You may have to free more storage so that at least 2 GB of storage remain after Aerofly FS is installed. Delete some old videos or pictures for example.

Regards,

Jan

• Unfortunately there is little we can do, we don't manage the app download, that is done by the app store and the operating software of your device (iOS). You may have to free more storage so that at least 2 GB of storage remain after Aerofly FS is installed. Delete some old videos or pictures for example.

Ok I will try to free up enough storage to make that happen. I will also contact Apple for help to see what's up.

• Try clearing your cache by recording a high resolution video until you fill your storage space, that will force the IPad to clear persistent cache storage which will be available when the video is deleted. There is no manual cache clearing procedure. Remember to open the recently deleted photos sub library and re-delete them all finally.

My FS2021 is just under 12 GB, I would temporarily off load stored data until I had 24 GB of free storage for downloading AND re-installing. The more free storage space the less trouble I had.

Good Luck.

• So regarding the "offloading" part-it will give me the offload option even with the feature disabled. It occurs before the download even concludes.

Try clearing your cache by recording a high resolution video until you fill your storage space, that will force the IPad to clear persistent cache storage which will be available when the video is deleted. There is no manual cache clearing procedure. Remember to open the recently deleted photos sub library and re-delete them all finally.

My FS2021 is just under 12 GB, I would temporarily off load stored data until I had 24 GB of free storage for downloading AND re-installing. The more free storage space the less trouble I had.

Good Luck.

Makes sense-iMovie has a similar issue with exporting projects and quitting before finishing, and the exported unfinished project would eat up more space. Only way to fix it would be to edit some stuff and then undo to clear the space.

Thank you

• 5minuteflightschool November 10, 2021 at 2:28 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “Unable to redownload Aerofly FS 2021 even with sufficient space” to “Unable to redownload Aerofly FS 2021 even with sufficient space - SOLVED”.
  • Yes of course, I should have known it. I had heard about error free space calculation with iPadOS 15.0 or something.

Sorry, it should have rang a bell.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC