The next major Aerofly FS version for PC is coming!

• Stop crying guys - The new FS will be shown when is ready. IPACs does not like to commit timeline and deliverables for their projects. Thats how IT projects worked 30+ years ago ...

I am old enough to remember those days. If one of my project managers in my IT team would manage his project that way he would have one second chance and then -> fired

So, lets sit and wait and in the meantime try to plan around AFS4 by taking into consideration other options ;)

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Stop crying guys - The new FS will be shown when is ready. IPACs does not like to commit timeline and deliverables for their projects. Thats how IT projects worked 30+ years ago ...

I am old enough to remember those days. If one of my project managers in my IT team would manage his project that way he would have one second chance and then -> fired

So, lets sit and wait and in the meantime try to plan around AFS4 by taking into consideration other options ;)

HEAR HEAR

Best wishes, Michael :)

• Ich muss mal meinem Ärger Luft machen. Das ist so ein Kindergarten geworden hier, immer diese dämlichen Beiträge. Es nervt mich auch, weil ich den Thread öffne, da es mir eine neue Nachricht anzeigt und dann dieser Schwachsinn.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) kann dieser Thread geschlossen werden, und nur von IPACS gefüttert?

Und ich finde es schwachsinn,so einen schwachsinn zu schreiben!!!!

Ich finde jeder hat das recht eine höfliche Frage zu stellen!!! :)

MFG Enrico

• We have been working on ATC but it is a complex feature that we feel like is not quite ready yet. We want to expand this some more before it's released to the public. Sorry for announcing it way too early, we should have kept quiet about this like we usually do for big features. And then only announce them close to their release.

I'd be happy with ATC guiding my flight from take-off to landing with the correct approach. But this must be way easier to say than to do, as even MSFS2020 or XPlane can't do it without major flaws.
    Anyway, given that you guys are quite a perfectionist I guess we will have to wait for having something like this fully working.

• I check back here often. I'm eagerly anticipating the next version. I'm cool with waiting. I know the team is hard at work. And I understand it's a small team at that. I will gladly support their efforts, despite feeling a bit frustrated at times. But many will not. And that brings me to my point. IPACS would greatly benefit if they focus some of their efforts on improving their marketing and communications. It would take 1 or 2 talented people. In my honest opinion, and no disrespect to the team, the lack of clear presentation of roadmaps and consistent dialogue with loyal fans through digital platforms and channels that are not tucked away from prime demos, is a tremendous detriment to what they're trying to achieve, that being maintaining loyalty and generating new interest for the sim. This to me is a clear weakness, where strength is almost as critical to a successful launch as the development of the sim itself. Many have turned their back for this very reason, and others will follow if it's more of the same. Again, communication is critical, as is transparency and a strong show of appreciation for the community that has helped the sim thrive for many years when not much was taking place. I'm not saying it to cause anger or offend, I'm saying it because I love the sim. They need to get better at this if Aerofly intends to stay relevant. The sim will always have a special place in my heart for what it does well in comparison to the competition. I hope for a bright future. I really do!

• I check back here often. I'm eagerly anticipating the next version. I'm cool with waiting. I know the team is hard at work. And I understand it's a small team at that. I will gladly support their efforts, despite feeling a bit frustrated at times. But many will not. And that brings me to my point. IPACS would greatly benefit if they focus some of their efforts on improving their marketing and communications. It would take 1 or 2 talented people. In my honest opinion, and no disrespect to the team, the lack of clear presentation of roadmaps and consistent dialogue with loyal fans through digital platforms and channels that are not tucked away from prime demos, is a tremendous detriment to what they're trying to achieve, that being maintaining loyalty and generating new interest for the sim. This to me is a clear weakness, where strength is almost as critical to a successful launch as the development of the sim itself. Many have turned their back for this very reason, and others will follow if it's more of the same. Again, communication is critical, as is transparency and a strong show of appreciation for the community that has helped the sim thrive for many years when not much was taking place. I'm not saying it to cause anger or offend, I'm saying it because I love the sim. They need to get better at this if Aerofly intends to stay relevant. The sim will always have a special place in my heart for what it does well in comparison to the competition. I hope for a bright future. I really do!

I couldn’t of said this any better myself. Cudos to you for typing that up. Aerofly would benefit greatly if they do take your advice.

• It is a pity that Jan's FS4 is coming thread is not just IPACS and moderator anouncements and relevant viewer comments. Repetitive news requests, complaints and corporate advice could have gone into a dedicated thread which we could choose to view or not.

That's exactly what I said and proposed in my comment above, only in German. It is a pinned IPACS thread and should only be fed by IPACS people.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• That's exactly what I said and proposed in my comment above, only in German. It is a pinned IPACS thread and should only be fed by IPACS people.

You did express exactly a hell of a lot more (understandable) annoyance with the perhaps inappropriate contributions than I did🥴

I wish the moans would not swamp out interesting stuff, why can they not post in a solely Bitching Thread?

• You did express exactly a hell of a lot more (understandable) annoyance with the perhaps inappropriate contributions than I did🥴

I wish the moans would not swamp out interesting stuff, why can they not post in a solely Bitching Thread?

Because that would be preaching to the choir. It's much more effective to bitch where the tone deaf are more inclined to hear it. And it might even lead to some constructive conversation. I for one would be bored senseless contributing to a thread where everyone agrees with you on the shortcomings of a flight sim. I don't think anyone is purposedly hijacking an update thread here. Hey, I welcome more updates! And if you guys decide on creating a thread for fans to voice grievances or complaints that are off pudding, can you please label it the "bitching thread"? This would be a fantastic way to rally the troops and keep people interested in Aerofly.

• The fact that “bitching thread” is even being used on a flight sim forum is hilarious. Seriously we are not children. We all obviously want updates on the progress of ASF4, but due to the lack of response from the IPACS team we don’t have that. If you don’t like reading messages about people like me who want updates on a sim that was supposed to be released for the new year you can leave. I am surprised a moderator hasn’t said anything in this forum yet as it’s unprofessional, and makes IPACS look bad. There is a clear disconnect between the devs and the community for this flight sim, and ultimately will be the downfall for this platform. Without community there is no growth.

• There is a clear disconnect between the devs and the community for this flight sim, and ultimately will be the downfall for this platform. Without community there is no growth.

I agree, but the downfall of this simulator is that IPACS is very closed about everything and doesn't allow ANY customization of their .ttc file system and everything, that's the problem.

Another problem of course is the community, Aerofly runs on even the worst PCs, and that invited lot of poor people who don't have money.

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD,

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 11, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

• Official Post

The Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator Steam Store page just went online, it's coming soon!

Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator on Steam
    Fly complex airliners, helicopters, jets, gliders, historical and aerobatic aircraft across the photorealistic world of Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator! Pick…
    store.steampowered.com