• It runs fast, without any issues, also with most addons installed (Steam Edition)

Bugs:

- On startup, set screen mode, to windowed, than again to fullscreen. Somehow fullscreen setting is not saved

- Some key mapping are not saved, like rudders and thrust leveler, so on game start you need to fix them as default settings overwrite some of your mappings.

For long sessions I recommend a cooling pad under the Macbook, to avoid that the system clocks down.

• It runs fast, without any issues, also with most addons installed (Steam Edition)

Bugs:

- On startup, set screen mode, to windowed, than again to fullscreen. Somehow fullscreen setting is not saved

- Some key mapping are not saved, like rudders and thrust leveler, so on game start you need to fix them as default settings overwrite some of your mappings.

For long sessions I recommend a cooling pad under the Macbook, to avoid that the system clocks down.

Thank you for your detailed answer.

Are you using Ultra settings and how much fps do you get ?

• And all of this under Rosetta 2 the translator from Intel to ARM Apple Silicon...

It gives me hope for the iPad Pro M1 even though I don't believe it.

But I wait for Aerofly FS 4 that might be M1x optimized.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Thanks I found that one but I don’t see it on the mac version

I was hoping that it was almost the same place on the Mac version.

I'm waiting for Aerofly FS 4 to see weather or not it is compiled for M1x SoC. Because on a computer without fan with the same chip than the iPad you have builduigs and so on... And if tomorrow Apple presents a new MacBook Air M2, I might preorder to change my old MacBook Pro!

But with a computer, do you have to use a throttle device or something? Or not? How to use a throttle with a keyboard only? And how to use other Airbus commands?

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• I was hoping that it was almost the same place on the Mac version.

I'm waiting for Aerofly FS 4 to see weather or not it is compiled for M1x SoC. Because on a computer without fan with the same chip than the iPad you have builduigs and so on... And if tomorrow Apple presents a new MacBook Air M2, I might preorder to change my old MacBook Pro!

But with a computer, do you have to use a throttle device or something? Or not? How to use a throttle with a keyboard only? And how to use other Airbus commands?

The M1 is really good enough, I'm flying the strike eagle on fifth av.(NY) @ match 2 on Ultra and AFS is using all 8 cores but only at 30% . The problem is the GPU (100%), I need to set AFS 2 to medium to see the GPU graph going down (in this "extreme"situation).

I'm using a a gamepad(6 axes + a bunch of buttons), the keyboard and sometimes the mouse and it works great.

I have also one of these "cheap" Logitech joystick, but I can do more things with the gamepad.

• markusB999

Thank you for all these informations.

I'm almost sure to give way to the next MacBook Air M2 (16 GB RAM) for my own usages. And when Aerofly FS 4 is out, I will see how it is considered with Mx Chips.

Between, I will also see what happens with Aerofly FS Mobile on M1 Chip devices (for the moment those devices seem to be used like middle range devices).

• One more thing... What gamepad?

A DualSense (PS5), works on the iPad too. I use it with bluetooth but you can connect it with usb (it gives you two different profiles on AFS2, which is cool)

The only problem is that some buttons aren't recognised by AFS2, I got a utility on the Mac app store that let me use these buttons anyway, but I would prefer that it's handled directly by AFS 2(4).

• Thanks I found that one but I don’t see it on the mac version

On the Mac I use CMD+fn+F1.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I can do that, but I have a lot less fun than with the right equipment. :)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries