Which Airliner do you want? (Vote)

• What makes the A330 so interesting for you? Why not the A350?

Yes, one is a large A320 and the other is a smaller A350. But the A350 is more modern. Is it more the smaller size of the A330 that makes it attractive to you?

No- I've flown on them over 40 times IRL (Delta/KLM/Qantas/Air France) and they enable middle-of-market operations (transatlantic/intercontinental) while the A350-1000 is similar in function to the B787-10.

The smoothness of landings and the entire design are appealing to me.

The -300 has a plethora of operators globally (ex. Delta, KLM, Qantas, Air France, Lufthansa) and as I've said new CF6 sounds could be used on the 747 as well.

Kind regards and safe flying.

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Thekingbuji333 (February 27, 2024 at 2:58 PM).

• A330 has many Liveries and its more old school airbus.It would take less time to develop then A350.

As I explained several times in the past this is not necessarily the case. An A350 and A330 would take similar development times. Both aircraft require their own 3D model and both could be benefit from having similar systems in the A380 or A320 respectively.

• As I explained several times in the past this is not necessarily the case. An A350 and A330 would take similar development times. Both aircraft require their own 3D model and both could be benefit from having similar systems in the A380 or A320 respectively.

I've been seeing videos and it appears the A350 has many different elements in the cockpit displays. Also, the A380's MCDU is quite incomplete with many blank pages and the A350 would likely have a similar system. The A330's finished MCDU would be easier and more satisfying to use. The physical buttons are also more tactile. Also, as I've said, the sounds from an A330 with CF6's could be re-used on the 747, which has extremely dated engine sounds. The same thing could be done the other way around. Also, aren't the ECAM/PFDs/ND/MCDU the same on the 330 as the 320?

Also, even though this isn't an important thing to consider, the A330 sounds godly with any engines that it is equipped with, while the A350 sounds more like a vacuum cleaner.

-Thekingbuji333

• I've been seeing videos and it appears the A350 has many different elements in the cockpit displays. Also, the A380's MCDU is quite incomplete with many blank pages and the A350 would likely have a similar system. The A330's finished MCDU would be easier and more satisfying to use. The physical buttons are also more tactile. Also, as I've said, the sounds from an A330 with CF6's could be re-used on the 747, which has extremely dated engine sounds. The same thing could be done the other way around. Also, aren't the ECAM/PFDs/ND/MCDU the same on the 330 as the 320?

Also, even though this isn't an important thing to consider, the A330 sounds godly with any engines that it is equipped with, while the A350 sounds more like a vacuum cleaner.

The A380 and A350 MFDs are quite similar and working on the MFD then benefits both aircraft. So they both would receive improvements to the MFD most likely. Yes, tactile buttons are nicer in the real world but I see no difference when you interact with both of them though your touch screen on the phone or your mouse on your screen.

The A330 and A320 are not the same aircraft, there are several differences in the MCDU, ECAM, etc. Yes, they are somewhat similar and some pages may look identical. But this would also mean you don't get anything new to play around with or discover, it's just more of the "same".

The 747 engine sounds are independent of any A330 vs. A350 decision (or any other aircraft for that matter). The A320 and B737 both have CFM 56 engines but they sound quite different in the real world because the 737 has a smaller fan and rotates faster. It could also be that the 747 engines sound different than the A330 ones because the most likely have a different thrust rating, potentially also a different fan.

So yes, even thought there may be similarities it does not mean there is no work left to be done. It may save a few percent of the development time but it's unfortunately not a significant time saver.

• The A380 and A350 MFDs are quite similar and working on the MFD then benefits both aircraft. So they both would receive improvements to the MFD most likely. Yes, tactile buttons are nicer in the real world but I see no difference when you interact with both of them though your touch screen on the phone or your mouse on your screen.

The A330 and A320 are not the same aircraft, there are several differences in the MCDU, ECAM, etc. Yes, they are somewhat similar and some pages may look identical. But this would also mean you don't get anything new to play around with or discover, it's just more of the "same".

The 747 engine sounds are independent of any A330 vs. A350 decision (or any other aircraft for that matter). The A320 and B737 both have CFM 56 engines but they sound quite different in the real world because the 737 has a smaller fan and rotates faster. It could also be that the 747 engines sound different than the A330 ones because the most likely have a different thrust rating, potentially also a different fan.

So yes, even thought there may be similarities it does not mean there is no work left to be done. It may save a few percent of the development time but it's unfortunately not a significant time saver.

I guess it's more precise instead of double-pressing to get the cursor where I want it then clicking. Using the A380 MCDU isn't really immersive though since pilots use a ball-device for scrolling.

Then again, people love the 330 and the 350 for different reasons, so if either had a Delta livery, I'd be happy.

On the A380, I'd estimate half of the pages are missing in the MCDU and I don't like that, so I fly the A320 often times due to its completeness. I've done some research and the A330's MCDU is nearly identical (excluding the adjusted values).

-Thekingbuji333

Edited once, last by Thekingbuji333 (February 27, 2024 at 9:16 PM).

• On the A380, I'd estimate half of the pages are missing in the MCDU and I don't like that, so I fly the A320 often times due to its completeness. I've done some research and the A330's MCDU is nearly identical.

Shouldn't we then aim for improving the A380 MFD instead of avoiding it? Just saying...

AFAIK the A350 MFD got experimental touch screens in the real world, so it would be more realistic even.

• Shouldn't we then aim for improving the A380 MFD instead of avoiding it? Just saying...

AFAIK the A350 MFD got experimental touch screens in the real world, so it would be more realistic even.

True but I'd assume the player base may prefer the A320's shortcut buttons and ease of navigation.

If either plane were considered, a multi-question poll would be necessary to assess the desires of each user.

-Thekingbuji333

• Shouldn't we then aim for improving the A380 MFD instead of avoiding it? Just saying...

Tbh i would prefer new features so far we got great airliners. It would be a dream come true if our requested features are under development. Such as ground handling,live weather,atc or multiplayer

• Again, I feel as if the A350 is similar to the B787-10 because of its digital FMS system and similar size and general usage, where the A330 is somewhere between it and the B737 MAX. Also, its lower MTOW weight makes it able to operate at smaller airports but is also able to cross the globe.

-Thekingbuji333

• True but I'd assume the player base may prefer the A320's shortcut buttons and ease of navigation.

If either plane were considered, a multi-question poll would be necessary to assess the desires of each user.

TBH i dont like screens every where in cockpit i prefer buttons more its just my opinion

Aeroflyer:!:
    100000 Nautical Miles of flying done with Aerofly Global FS 8)
    Bluestacks Emulator

• The main reason why the 'a330' model is my 'desire' is that it may vary from region to region, but it is similar to the frequently used a320 and I fly a lot with the a320. Small, convenient and reliable. When I talked to my pilot friends, they expressed their opinion on this subject as a reliable and compact aircraft. Come on guys, who doesn't love A320 and its family? :))

• TBH i dont like screens every where in cockpit i prefer buttons more its just my opinion

I agree, but:

The A380 and A350 MFDs are quite similar and working on the MFD then benefits both aircraft. So they both would receive improvements to the MFD most likely. Yes, tactile buttons are nicer in the real world but I see no difference when you interact with both of them though your touch screen on the phone or your mouse on your screen.

The moderator seems to have a different view which is okay. I prefer the A330 MCDU though since it's simpler to use and has shortcut buttons for everything. The taxiing internal camera for the A350 wouldn't work on mobile, which would be another blank screen. The A380 MCDU is missing many pages and I see a similar thing coming if an A350 were made.

The main reason why the 'a330' model is my 'desire' is that it may vary from region to region, but it is similar to the frequently used a320 and I fly a lot with the a320. Small, convenient and reliable. When I talked to my pilot friends, they expressed their opinion on this subject as a reliable and compact aircraft. Come on guys, who doesn't love A320 and its family? :))

I agree there: the Delta pilots I've spoken to loathe the A350 (And the B737-900) and adore the A330. The A330 is lovely since it operates everywhere and is extremely versatile (I've flown on 40 of them IRL)

-Thekingbuji333

• What makes the A330 so interesting for you? Why not the A350?

Yes, one is a large A320 and the other is a smaller A350. But the A350 is more modern. Is it more the smaller size of the A330 that makes it attractive to you?

I prefer a330 over a350 cuz a350 has more fancy features such as airport map that displays on MFD but I don’t expect these features to be implemented in Aerofly which makes it less realistic. I rather have simpler but more realistic aircraft in the sim

• New
    • Official Post

I prefer a330 over a350 cuz a350 has more fancy features such as airport map that displays on MFD but I don’t expect these features to be implemented in Aerofly which makes it less realistic. I rather have simpler but more realistic aircraft in the sim

Don't base your decision on what is already in the sim but rather what would be cool to have in the future!

Besides we already have the beginnings of an airport map in the A380 and B787 so there is incentive for us to keep working on the airport maps.

• I prefer a330 over a350 cuz a350 has more fancy features such as airport map that displays on MFD but I don’t expect these features to be implemented in Aerofly which makes it less realistic. I rather have simpler but more realistic aircraft in the sim

iPacs should work on the a350. Besides the plane was first place in a poll I think it’s much more known by today’s community.
    And maybe ipacs is also kind because a few people already work on a freeware a330.

Iphone 15 Pro: Aerofly Fs Global

Rtx 4070 Ryzen 7 7745HX: Aerofly Fs 4, Msfs 2020, Dcs