Modified and Saved Edited Models crashes.

• Hi!

if i Edit my MD339 Jet for example, change size weight and thrust so it is the same as my real one. it works nice, i save the modified model with a new name.
    next time i start the sim and want to use my saved modified model, the model just crash and respawn´s.

anyone know why and is there a solution to fix it?

BR
    WDac

• The joint connections that hold the parts together are set to a specific mass and inertia. You can only change the size so much before it can become unstable and crash. The only way around that is to manually change the aircraft tmd file and adjust the jointlinear Kd and Kf values. Normally decreasing the damping Kd values does the trick

• The joint connections that hold the parts together are set to a specific mass and inertia. You can only change the size so much before it can become unstable and crash. The only way around that is to manually change the aircraft tmd file and adjust the jointlinear Kd and Kf values. Normally decreasing the damping Kd values does the trick

Oh that's interesting! Is it also possible to change the thrust and weight in the FS2?

And also other things like brakes?

Regards

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD,

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 11, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

• You can change anything in the desktop version where you have access to the tmd files. Some of them are huge, like the a320, so you'll really have to look for the right place. Thrust is not a setting as such, you need to make the engine parts bigger and then add more fuel etc. But it's possible, in fact that is exactly what I do all the time as my job.

ok thank you for the info :)
    lets hope i manage to do the change :)

i do understand you told me that i need to edit the tmd file, but is it this kind of values i have on the printscreen?
    and i assume i need to raise the value´s? :)
    [Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/05F7J91y/AF-Forum-2021-12-02-23-56-59.png]

The mb339.tmd file, i made a copy to modify and save the original.
    [Blocked Image: https://i.postimg.cc/Bnc7JMws/AF-Forum-02-2021-12-03-00-00-43.png]

EDIT-01:
    oh i did see now, decreasing the damping, what is the Kd value? there is Kfx, Kfy and Kfz values what i can see?

EDIT-02:
    should i copy the entire model and put it in as a "User model" if i want to save the original model and be able to use it as orignial?

EDIT-03: i have the same problem with the Pitts Python, that i did not changed any size or weight, only prop size and servo rates.

• Make a modification with the built in editor and save it with correct size, name etc. That modification is a copy of the tmd file and stored in your user directory as mb339__001.tmd (for example). You can edit that file and don't have to worry about the original model in your installation folder.

Kfx, Kfy,... are spring force constants for linear motion,

Dfx, Dfy ... Are damping constants for linear motion.

Dtx, Dty... Are damping constants for rotations

Check out the aerofly wiki page as well

aircraft:tmd:rigidbody [Aerofly FS Wiki]

• thank you so much :)