Display grid square while flying

• Are there any tools for displaying a grid square while flying? The AFS2 Scenery Editor isn't loading my entire .toc file this afternoon, for some reason, and I don't know which file to open to track it down. The single .toc file is just too big (4.3 Million lines). Found about 6 of these annoying tall, skinny buildings today and would like to get rid of them.

• Hello K9NSP,

Please also see my answer from here:

TomSimMuc
    December 6, 2021 at 12:02 PM

It is also wise to have separate tocs for trees and buildings, so that trees may be replaced later by a more sophisticated photo detection procedure.

Regarding the towers in your picture:

I recommend to comment out all lines in the scenproc script, which are dealing with towers (especially Pylons) and round buildings.

These objects will be nicer generated with ObjectGen. Especially tanks and power pylons are much better represented with dedicated models.

Please see https://flight-sim.org/filebase/index…d-on-osm-files/

for the procedure and test examples.

A nice collection of tanks can be found in IZ0JUB and my UK isle of Wight scenery in the subfolder StorageTanks.

New Version - UK Isle of Wight Plus - December 2021 - Flight-Sim.org
    The Isle of Man is a self-governing British Crown dependency in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland. It’s known for its rugged coastline, medieval…
    flight-sim.org

You will also find performance optimized power pylons in that cultivation folder.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 5 times, last by TomSimMuc (December 6, 2021 at 2:46 PM).

• Regarding the towers in your picture:

I recommend to comment out all lines in the scenproc script, which are dealing with towers (especially Pylons) and round buildings.

I got most of them via a search and delete early in the process. These just snuck through because they didn't match the pattern. Now I gotta go find them. If AFS2 Scenery Editor would load the .toc, as it has in the past, it would be a snap. If I can figure out the grid square, I can find it in the smaller files made by the scenery preprocessor. It's just six posts in a place where they might not be noticed. But I'm a bit of a perfectionist about this stuff, and that's why this is taking so much longer than expected. Well, that, and I have real-world flying, studying, and teaching responsibilities. It's a busy time, for sure. Then, I'll have to learn about object gen.

• UPDATE: The problem with AFS2 Scenery Editor website seems to be either the Safari web browser or more than likely, some combination of extensions I have loaded into it. Loading the .toc into the website via Firefox, with no extensions, allowed it to work.