How to Arm Spoilers for the Boeing 777, 787, Airbus A320, A380, Q400?

• Does anyone know how to arm spoilers so they automatically activate upon touchdown?

I can't seem to figure out how to make them work for the 777, 787, A320, A380, and Q400. I've figured out there's a switch for the CRJ-900 which works, but not the other five passenger aircraft.

• First click pulling back the spoiler lever in the Boeings. The others must have something similar, I almost never use the Airbus.

Airbus, have the white base of the spoiler lever visible, ‘pull it up’. Do not pull it back unless you want manual airbrake.

Dash 8 is automatic as long as the dashboard switch is on flight and not taxi, the ground or parking position.

Edited 2 times, last by Overloaded (December 26, 2021 at 9:46 PM).

• In the A320 you just tap the spoiler lever in the Center console: if it’s up the spoilers are armed and ECAM will say. 747: tap the lever as it has a ‘down’ and ‘armed’ setting so it goes one click back. Not sure about the others although I did fly the 380 today ^^

• The speedbrake lever should move aft automatically after touch down. If you do a bounced landing it may be automatically retracted after that but then it doesn't move back and stays retracted as a precaution.

An alternative method is using reverse thrust, that also activates the spoiler extension. On mobile you just need to pull the throttle slider down a tiny bit to activate reverse thrust.

Regards,

Jan