Aerofly FS2 VR, Where is it?

• Have a new PC including a Gen4 SSD. Just downloaded FS2 from Steam, but I can not find how to start it in VR? No VR to start on the settings page of Aerofly? I have found the folder 'bin64' and see there is 'aerofly_fs_2.exe' but there is no other exe file to start VR? Where is the 'aerofly_fs_2.exe''--othervr' so I can create a shortcut for the VR version? I was using the VR version on previous PC using a Oculus Rift CV1, but now I have an 11th Gen Intel CPU, RTX3090, and a Oculus Quest 2. The VR was superb with the Rift and older PC, so now it will be much better. The other very popular Flightsim (I will not mention name) I have on my PC, the VR graphics are dreadful. I am sure Aerofly FS2 VR will be far better quality. Thanks

PC i9-11900K, RTX3090 24GB, 32GB Ram, Gen4 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Saitek X52

• Have a new PC including a Gen4 SSD. Just downloaded FS2 from Steam, but I can not find how to start it in VR? No VR to start on the settings page of Aerofly? I have found the folder 'bin64' and see there is 'aerofly_fs_2.exe' but there is no other exe file to start VR? Where is the 'aerofly_fs_2.exe''--othervr' so I can create a shortcut for the VR version? I was using the VR version on previous PC using a Oculus Rift CV1, but now I have an 11th Gen Intel CPU, RTX3090, and a Oculus Quest 2. The VR was superb with the Rift and older PC, so now it will be much better. The other very popular Flightsim (I will not mention name) I have on my PC, the VR graphics are dreadful. I am sure Aerofly FS2 VR will be far better quality. Thanks

Willkommen im Club,und bleiben Sie bei Aerofly Fs 2 (4)!!!! :thumbup::):)

Grüße Enrico :)

I've found that the best way for me with my Q2 is to startup Link or Air Link and go to the Rift home virtual desktop (dashboard icon). Then startup SteamVR (using a desktop shortcut, usually using my PC mouse). Once you are in the SteamVR void (forget about using the Steam Home) and see the library tiles I just select Aerofly fs2 and it automatically starts up with SteamVR. Plus as a bonus, Vulkan works fine. I usually end up seeing a blue screen in front of me with my Q2 but I just hit the keyboard spacebar to centre this. Pretty easy once you do this a couple of times.

Main thing with SteamVR with your Q2 is to set all visuals manually at 100% and disable advanced super sample filtering. You should already know the best Oculus desktop app device graphics setting as well as ODT settings. Depending on your PC specs, get these right to begin with imho. I suggest you start off with 80Hz refresh and as far right with the res slider your pc is capable of. For ODT use default and zeros, except enable Link sharpening.

As much as I love my Q2 wireless with Air Link, my dedicated wired Vive Pro1 (amoled, etsy lens mod, index controllers) still works a bit better with all my flight sims. Better performance and FOV, plus better night flying blacks/contrast thanks to amoled. Less SDE with the Q2 though, lol!

I have similar PC specs, including a 3090 btw.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Thanks for advice TomC. Much appreciated. Only thing is, I have to use the Quest 2 in Airlink only, as the USB Oculus link cable has never been recognised since my new PC, very annoying, and loads of contacts with Oculus Tech to solve this problem have all failed. With Airlink the Oculus and Steam Homes do not appear, only the VR white graph screen, however the control panel is there and you can get access to the desktop. The Oculus App has to be open for VR, and then I click on Steam VR, but all I get is the busy icon, nothing? However, seemed to have solved all the problems. FS2 VR is superb, much better than FS2020.

PC i9-11900K, RTX3090 24GB, 32GB Ram, Gen4 2TB SSD, Oculus Quest 2, Saitek X52

Edited 2 times, last by Eurostar: Problem solved. (January 3, 2022 at 5:33 PM).