I am new to Aerofly FS. Can someone please assist me. How do I get the "From Cold and Dark" screen for Santa Barbara Municipal (KSBA) Airport as shown in the Flight Tutorial?
The Cessna 172 SP - Cold Start
Tap on an airport on the map to zoom in. Then you can see the airport runways with start positions on the runway as well as positions for the final approach. Most airports also show white airplane symbols located on the ramp or apron. Click on these white aircraft to select the parking position. Then you can see the options for taxi, engine start or cold and dark startup.
Thank you Jan, I appreciate your quick response!
Danie (Short for Daniel!)
May I have your indulgence for a little while longer. I followed the steps below but still could not find the options to select taxi, start or cold and dark startup:
1. Location: San Francisco.
2. Aircraft: Cessna 172 SP.
3. Zoomed in on runway map showing green, yellow and white aircraft symbols.
4. I clicked on the white aircraft parked left of runway 02L.
5. This took me back to the main menu for Start, Flight school, Aircraft, etc.
6. I clicked on the "Start" button. This showed the aircraft on the apron with the engine running. I had to apply the parking brake to stop the aircraft moving forward.
I am not certain if I have missed something here but could not find the options for cold start, etc.
Are you able to assist me?
What version of Aerofly FS 2 are you using? Do you have the latest updates installed?
A wish you all the best for 2022! My response is as follows:
1. The Aerofly FS 2 I installed, is a CD set we purchased in South Africa in December 2021.
2. On the Aerofly FS 2 Simulator Properties, it states that there are no previous versions. So I assume it is the original version done in 2017.
3. Since I installed this software, I have not done any updates.
4. Is it possible for you to direct me as to where I can find the updates? Which of the updates would you recommend that I install?
Thank you for your assistance so far! Much appreciated.
Happy new year!
The update for the DVD and other non-Steam versions can be found here:
Thank you Jan for all your help!