B777/B 787 LNAV VNAV. Help me please…

• Check out the B777 tutorial that uses LNAV and VNAV: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…oeing_777-300er

You need to have a full route which you can set up with the Aerofly FS navigation menu or from within the cockpit using the CDU.

You should also start your flight on the departure runway or make sure to taxi to the correct runway.

1. On the ground, turn on both flight directors. The flight mode annunciator on the PFD should then show TO/GA as the lateral and vertical modes.
    2. Select the desired V2 speed in the MCP (e.g. 150 or 160 knots) and select a desired altitude (at least 1000ft above altitude on ground)
    3. With a route programmed you can then push the LNAV button to arm the route for when you get airborne and push the VNAV button to arm it after passing the acceleration height. LNAV/VNAV should then be visible in the second line of the flight mode annunciator in white.
    4. Arm the auto throttle with the A/T switch
    5. Once you are lined up with the runway you can push the TO/GA buttons on the thrust levers to engage the auto throttle. Don't use the copilot menu overlay for this as the copilot could also disarm LNAV/VNAV
    6. Takeoff manually and follow the flight director guidance (or turn on autopilot once in the air)
    7. LNAV should engage first followed by VNAV
  • Check out the B777 tutorial that uses LNAV and VNAV: https://www.aerofly.com/dokuwiki/doku.…oeing_777-300er

You need to have a full route which you can set up with the Aerofly FS navigation menu or from within the cockpit using the CDU.

You should also start your flight on the departure runway or make sure to taxi to the correct runway.

1. On the ground, turn on both flight directors. The flight mode annunciator on the PFD should then show TO/GA as the lateral and vertical modes.
    2. Select the desired V2 speed in the MCP (e.g. 150 or 160 knots) and select a desired altitude (at least 1000ft above altitude on ground)
    3. With a route programmed you can then push the LNAV button to arm the route for when you get airborne and push the VNAV button to arm it after passing the acceleration height. LNAV/VNAV should then be visible in the second line of the flight mode annunciator in white.
    5. Once you are lined up with the runway you can push the TO/GA buttons on the thrust levers to engage the auto throttle. Don't use the copilot menu overlay for this as the copilot could also disarm LNAV/VNAV
    6. Takeoff manually and follow the flight director guidance (or turn on autopilot once in the air)
  • Dear IPACS, in my version of Aerofly 2022 the boeing 777, 787 still does not follow any SID, (tested on

MALPENSA and ROME in Italy), LNAV and VNAV automatically disengaged as soon as i press TOGA

button. I'm on the right runway and every step of the procedures are followed correctly.I tried

reinstalling Aerofly but nothing has changed. I think it's really frustrating. I have IPad 10.2 .Thanx ||

• Official Post

Dear IPACS, in my version of Aerofly 2022 the boeing 777, 787 still does not follow any SID, (tested on

MALPENSA and ROME in Italy), LNAV and VNAV automatically disengaged as soon as i press TOGA

button. I'm on the right runway and every step of the procedures are followed correctly.I tried

reinstalling Aerofly but nothing has changed. I think it's really frustrating. I have IPad 10.2 .Thanx ||

And if you don't program a SID does it work then?

• Thank you to reply to me as soon as possible :)

Well, if i program the SID the 777/87 does not follow the SID: LNAV and VNAV are disengaged. If i don’t program the SID it work and follow the magenta Line straight to the destination: LNAV engaged and VNAV disengaged…

…i’ ve tried whit this route: LIMC (35L)-EGCC

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Ulan Dog into this post. (March 5, 2022 at 12:34 PM).

• Thank you to reply to me as soon as possible :)

Well, if i program the SID the 777/87 does not follow the SID: LNAV and VNAV are disengaged. If i don’t program the SID it work and follow the magenta Line straight to the destination: LNAV engaged and VNAV disengaged…

…i’ ve tried whit this route: LIMC (35L)-EGCC

Thanks, we'll look into it.

Why can't I create a thread