• I am amazed that the nav light glow is seen on the ground when at the same time they will not even discuss audio identification of the selected navigation aids. It is vital in real life and is drummed into anyone who has ever done instrument training and in Aerofly-life it would let us spot our inevitable actual mistakes. I use the lovely 737 most of the time, it 100% needs audio idents.

Every other sim does it but our dear friends in Tübingen prefer silliness like opening doors, My-My.

• Pardon my ignorance, but what is it?

ATC generic chatter? By the way it would be cool.

It‘s a Morse code to identify a VOR or NDB.

E.g. the VOR at Geneva is abbreviated GVA, so if you’ve dialed in the right frequency, you would hear the Morse code for these letters.

The A320 for example doesn’t need this, because these letters are displayed on the navigation display. However the C172 and the b737-500 for example, don’t have a navigation display, so there is the Morse code instead.

Edited once, last by FM Aviation (December 27, 2021 at 12:31 PM).

• And ILS and DME, in real world flying you positively check every nav aid in use. The nav aid might be being worked on and could be transmitting a false signal. The morse identification is turned off in that event which warns any pilot trying to use it (and who didn’t check the NOTAM about it, the written flying updates). Identing is used in real life and not doing it properly can kill, it will certainly fail a test.

I use the lovely 737 most of the time, it 100% needs audio idents.

Every other sim does it but our dear friends in Tübingen prefer silliness like opening doors, My-My.

Hmm, that's not fair. I think you forget that this is a simulator for less than 10 EUR. If you want perfect system depth with up-to-date navdata, you could buy AEROWINX PSX for 350 EUR or A3XXflightdeck for 450 EUR. Your mentioned nav idents don't make sense without the latest AIRAC cycle on an expensive subscription basis. Don't get me wrong, i understand that you also use aerofly e.g. for IFR-training (i wouldn't even need ANY outside or passenger view for that), but i think the main target group are gamers without any real world aviation experience.

Regards, Timo

• Hmm, that's not fair. I think you forget that this is a simulator for less than 10 EUR. If you want perfect system depth with up-to-date navdata, you could buy AEROWINX PSX for 350 EUR or A3XXflightdeck for 450 EUR. Your mentioned nav idents don't make sense without the latest AIRAC cycle on an expensive subscription basis. Don't get me wrong, i understand that you also use aerofly e.g. for IFR-training (i wouldn't even need ANY outside or passenger view for that), but i think the main target group are gamers without any real world aviation experience.

Regards, Timo

they pay 10 euros and they want a complete simulator as if it were a pc ... 🤦🏻‍♂️