Developer Appreciation Thread

• This is a long post but I hope everyone will read and add to it in the comments. I know that I have posted many questions, concerns, wishes, and criticisms and I read hundreds of them on this forum. Some people complain about every little thing that isn’t exactly accurate. So I just felt compelled to start a thread of praise and gratitude for the developers of this amazing simulator.

I have a very stressful job. I love flying and I have always been an aviation enthusiast. My dad was a private pilot. I also love to travel. So Aerofly is my escape. It is my stress relief. I will never pilot a real plane myself. I may not ever travel to Switzerland or England. But I can fly there on nights and weekends or even during a lunch break. I can soar over mountains and through and around clouds. I can do so in an amazing variety of airplanes. I can immerse myself in highly detailed cockpits and look out the window as if I am a passenger. I can relive taking off in a Cessna 172 just like I did with my dad when I was a kid. This simulator relieves my stress. It is my escape.

I think back to flying Microsoft Flight Simulator back in the 80s, 90s, and 2000s. This game is SO FAR beyond any simulator I’ve enjoyed prior and it is on a MOBILE DEVICE WITHOUT INTERNET. I can fly sitting anywhere I have my device. I don’t have to be home on my computer or console.

The developers do a great job communicating here and seeking input. They want to fix issues. They want the community to enjoy this simulator to the maximum level possible.

So thank you developers!! I am so grateful to have this escape and passion in the palm of my hands wherever I go. Is it perfect and have everything I want? No. But I want us all to take a moment to appreciate this INCREDIBLE simulator and the hard working people who make it possible.

So… what is your favorite thing about Aerofly? What does it have that makes you most grateful? Let’s take a moment to tell the developers our favorite thing they created or made possible for us.

For me… I love having cumulus clouds at the altitude of the peaks all around the high resolution of the Swiss Alps. Those mountains and glaciers are stunning and flying through holes in the clouds and revealing the next mountain panorama is my favorite.

• My first flight sim experience was with Aerofly FS2 in VR. Absolutely changed my life and gave me a new hobby in which I still enjoy very much. I personally think the R22 Helicopter is one of the best experiences I've had in sim. The F-15 sunk my stomach the first few times as well ;) Thanks IPACS!