Another attempt: Fix your physics!

• Yet again I gave Aeroflight a chance and bought the update to RC9.

I could go on and on about non existant flight physics and non existant stall characteristics but I'll present you this video of the 15kg heavy F-16 turbine jet instead.

No go ahead and tell me that this is right....

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hi,
    The plane stalls flat. May be too centered forward ?

• Hi,
    The plane stalls flat. May be too centered forward ?

I think that alone is not enough. That plane should fall out of the sky and crash. This is no Carf Eurosport with Vektorunit. It is a F-16.

The fact that I have full rudder controll while having the nose pointed right up says a lot too. How do those rudders work without any air going over the surface? This works with a 3D prop plane because of prop wash but definatly NOT on a jet without vector nossle.

• On my Cri-Cri model, the allary surface is very small and the stall occurred very early.

I had to increase it to get a decent result.

• I agree with Thoemse that the AeroFly models don't fly right. All available models to my RC8 Standard fly as if on rails. With full up elevator and throttle in idle, I still have full rudder and aileron authority and can make any turn I want without having the model stall and fall out of the sky. No stalling, no adverse yaw, no spins. Such docile flying behaviour completely defeats the purpose of a simulator and honestly, makes flying much less fun!

However, I do not agree that the fault lies with the physics-engine. I edited the PT-40 tmd file according to the suggestions given in other posts on this forum and the explanation on aerofoils found in the Aerofly Wiki. In addition, I increased the weight, moved the CG more towards the tail and changed the servotravel to increase the rudder, elevator and aileron deflection. Finally the PT-40 trainer flies realistically! I can even get it to flatspin.

The problem is that this trial and error process takes (me) a lot of time. Adjusting a value, test-flying, adjusting again, testing, etc. In addition, all the parameters influencing fljght behavior are interconnected and influence each other, so you have to keep tweaking endlessly. Why don't all the models have an expert or advanced setting with all the parameters set correctly, instead of just these beginner settings?

An option would be to make it a community effort, where members share the edited tmd and tmc files for their improved models in this forum?

• Despite the fact that I am interested mainly in gliders I fully agree with the criticism about flight behaviour.

The last bad example for me is the "Bergfalke".

Even a vintage plane should follow the physics laws. But this one is more a helium balloon than a glider.

Of course I was able to convert it to reality, thanks to the editor, but I doubt that this is the purpose of an advanced and not quite cheap simulator.

Edited once, last by Jürgen N.: typo (February 5, 2022 at 5:12 PM).

• Got this sim and have been messing around, love it. Yes, no Snap Rolls or Spins as we know it. Problem is a stalled wing(s) has some pretty complex fluid dynamics going on. I don't think any desktop sim can truly model this. Move the CG aft a goodly huge amount and you'll see the aircraft does not do the tail heavy dance of death we have come to love (dread). It acts more like a reduction of mass damping on the pitch axis equally positive and negative pitch. Without a proper stall break we are not going to get there. A option is a "canned" stall spin programmed in. Yuck! Other than that I've noticed the sim is doing some pretty subtle and interesting modeling during flight. I think the flight model is capable of a lot finer resolution however the developer has to keep people with slower computers in mind. That said I'd say this sim is on the edge of greatness barring the stall problem. Kind of wonder what would happen if all 16 AMD CPU cores were thrown at the problem full blast, probably not much.