Are more updates in the works for more powerful tablets

• I’m more interested in Aerofly problems that to me look suspiciously like hardware related. I was posting pics of ‘holes’ in the scenery image that were present with my old 10.5 pro but which seem worse with the M1 12.9 pro. No one else had been reporting them until the past few days when more started popping up in the bug reports.

Making the software fundamentally compatible with the faster devices would be a big step, IF the ‘holes’ are worse with certain devices.

Getting some information on how reported faults are perceived together with any potential for a resolution is/would be reassuring .

21st January iPadOS up to date beta version, M1 12.9 iPad pro.

• I’m more interested in Aerofly problems that to me look suspiciously like hardware related. I was posting pics of ‘holes’ in the scenery image that were present with my old 10.5 pro but which seem worse with the M1 12.9 pro. No one else had been reporting them until the past few days when more started popping up in the bug reports.

Making the software fundamentally compatible with the faster devices would be a big step, IF the ‘holes’ are worse with certain devices.

Getting some information on how reported faults are perceived together with any potential for a resolution is/would be reassuring .

21st January iPadOS up to date beta version, M1 12.9 iPad pro.

Use the official email sent to me to revisit this issue:This issue shows up on iOS and Android and

only on random. I am unable to reproduce it so far on my side,

so I don't see what is causing it. It seems like a GPU synchronization

issue, e.g. data is not properly uploaded to the GPU. But I need to

further investigate.

• Overloaded

With the 2022 version on iPad Pro M1 11-inch, I do not remember to have encountered this problem.

The 12.9” and the 11” have the same chip, the 2 differences I see that could explain it, is that the 12.9” has to manage 1,611,952 pixels more and HDR.

What I really want to know is: does Aerofly FS 2022 use its 5 GB RAM allowed by iPadOS on the M1 devices?

Do they use the 16 cores chip of machine learning?

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• It isn’t unreasonable to ask how hardware issues are moving, I’d be very pleased if Aerofly could be optimised for the newer and more high performance devices as much as for the older ones.

My old (but hi-res & fast when new) android Google Pixel C tablet works remarkably well with FS2022 at full resolution, it only ran the much earlier FS2020 at 90% pixel density with all options turned down to avoid freezing, I enjoy FS2022 nearly as much on that 2016 android tablet as with my new iPad, currently of course the android 787 cockpit graphics are far superior! FS2022 seems to be very well set up, IPACS have done a great job.

• It isn’t unreasonable to ask how hardware issues are moving, I’d be very pleased if Aerofly could be optimised for the newer and more high performance devices as much as for the older ones.

Yes but when someone opens countless threads asking about regions and optimisation upgrades, do you not see how that gets unnecessary and very boring, not to mention sorta kind of irritating?

• it would be a huge waste of time for the developers

This explains why the Android version comes after iOS’ one.

Waste of time? What if IPACS was preparing a brand new PC version. Let’s imagine it is made of bricks. In this case, it would be easy without losing time to put some of these bricks to mobile.

They said they will add hungry GPU features in 2022.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC