• Hi, having got to grips mostly with the Q400 autopilot, I have been trying the A320.

I've read the wiki and noticed it is based on controlling the PC version with mouse clicks, not the mobile version I'm using.

I was able to activate AutoThrust, set the levers to Climb and I got speed control with the autopilot ....all good.

But I was unable to get any control with Alt and VS. I had a flight plan, and was initially able to level off at 12000 ft using Alt. However then I tried to climb by dialing in 21000ft, and this was indicated on the PFD, but there was no climbing action. I tried many clicks on the alt knob, holding it, everything I could but it wouldn't leave 12000ft.

I also tried a positive VS and clicking that knob as well, but nothing happened. What could I have missed here?

Thanks for any pointers!

• You set an altitude with the ALT button. At this step nothing happens.

You have to reach this altitude by applying:

• Managed climb/descent (pushing the ALT knob)
    • Open climb/descent (pulling the ALT knob)
    • An angle (set an angle and pull the V/S knob)
    • A V/S (set a vertical speed and pul the V/S knob)

Managed climb/descent will respect constraints and descent at -3° in a speed range.

:!:in Aerofly you will encounter discontinuities of the descent profile by passing a waypoint, and the descent should not really follow the profile of descent, and the speed range can appear and disappear etc.

Open climb/descent apply the pitch necessary to reach the speed.

For the SPD, HDG, ALT, V/S* knobs, push = managed, pull = selected. * push = 0 ft/min.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback | X-ATC Chatter
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited 2 times, last by FrankLFRS (February 5, 2022 at 6:09 PM).

• Ok thanks! So the problem I've got now is how to push and pull the knobs on the touchscreen? Obviously I can click on them or click and hold ...but how do we distinquish between push and pull?

Just to understand.... If an altitude is set on the AP panel it is 'armed', and then the knob needs pushing or pulling to activate the change ?

I certainly did click a lot on the knob after setting the new altitude but nothing happened. 😟 I saw two green rings around the Alt knob. The inner one changes the setting but the outer one didn't seem to do anything.

• Ok thanks! So the problem I've got now is how to push and pull the knobs on the touchscreen? Obviously I can click on them or click and hold ...but how do we distinquish between push and pull?

go to the Cockpit interaction menu

• I certainly did click a lot on the knob after setting the new altitude but nothing happened. 😟 I saw two green rings around the Alt knob. The inner one changes the setting but the outer one didn't seem to do anything.

The 2 circles can be turn. The outter one moves the ring that changes step between 100 or 1000 feet. Zoom max on it and use it.

• If you tap on a knob that can also be pushed and pulled you can see a green circle with green disk in the center. Pull the center down to pull the knob towards you. If you slide the center up you can push it in.

Ah, ok thanks that's something to check out. I do remember reading about that way of controlling the knobs but it certainly wasn't intuitive....I'll try again!

• mcgregni

The basics in 3 parts:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• mcgregni

The basics in 3 parts:

Thanks, I'll take a look.

• Just to update here, I'm pleased to say I've had a couple of successful flights using the full autopilot features of the A320. I managed to adjust altitude and airspeed manually also some heading adjustments off flight plan as well.

What an amazing simulation! Congratulations to the developers, its an amazing job and you've created an incredibly immersive airliner simulation.