Permanent crash FS 2 after a graphic choice allowed

• Hello pilots (and IPACS team),

HJelp ! After a lot of work to make FS 2 work with my VR headset and my HOTAS peripherals, I thought everything was won... Alas!

Today, I had the bad idea to try to use FS 2 under Vulkan rather than OpenGL: I therefore have to restart FS 2 and since then the application crashes on startup with the message from Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator: "No suitable physical device"! While Vulkan is perfectly well used by X-Plane 11...

How do I get out of this infinite loop and what file(s) should I delete to restore operation under Open GL?

thanks in advance...

aerofly.com/community/index.php?attachment/31774/

• Go to your user documents directory and locate the Aerofly FS 2 folder.

Inside that folder you can find a main.mcf file which can be edited with a texteditor.

Search for "graphics_use_vulkan" and change the value from true to false, save the file and restart Aerofly.

If you have trouble changing the file you can also delete the main.mcf which will restore default settings.

• Go to your user documents directory and locate the Aerofly FS 2 folder.

Inside that folder you can find a main.mcf file which can be edited with a texteditor.

Search for "graphics_use_vulkan" and change the value from true to false, save the file and restart Aerofly.

If you have trouble changing the file you can also delete the main.mcf which will restore default settings.

Many thanks Jan,

Indeed, everything is back to normal and the app starts normally under OpenGL.

On the other hand, I don't understand why Vulkan lacks resources to initialize? And how to correct this?

Also, I just downloaded the latest version of FS2 and it had no effect on the Vulkan issue! And this last version installed by Steam this night has the same number as the previous one (2.06.05.17): I don't understand anything anymore, but I would like to be able to use Vulkan like everyone else with this "Gamer" configuration!

Many thanks for your help...

• Here joined the sys info list from Steam app.

I hope to use Geforce RTX 3070 with FS2 (graphics perfs are rather good), but i don't know how to check this dynamically... It is true that Vulkan Error message from Vulkan render into the tm.log is :

failed to find GPUs with Vulkan support!

ERROR: (no suitable physical device)

All seems as if FS2 didn't use the RTX graphic engine ?

Also true that these protocols are a little beyond my computer science skills... :)

• Thank you. Did you check if your NVIDIA graphics card is enabled for rendering Aerofly FS 2? Go to your NVIDIA control panel and make sure the high performance graphics card is used for the aerofly executable. Sometimes it doesn't automatically set the correct graphics card, i.e. it selects the processor's graphics chip not your dedicated graphics card.

Can you please also upload the tm.log file which is written by Aerofly FS 2 to the user documents directory "Aerofly FS 2" folder. (You may have to change the file extension to *.txt to be able to attach it in the forum, or put it in a zip file).