New Aerofly FS 4 Teasers

• Hi Schnuffelduffel.

Slightly off topic but as we are talking water and the future, eventual, FS4 and possible inclusion of water. I was thinking aloud here so it may not work.

If you built an airfield in the middle of your lake. And

If you had a fully modelled runway and taxi ways at the lakes height. 3DS Max or that other program whose names escapes me, will be needed until the gods deem we are capable of using a blender plugin (rant over). And

If the runway and taxi ways were marked with floating cone's or buoy's. To ensure you stayed on the narrow path. And

If you built a small jetty or similar. And

If you applied the same texture, specular and bump mapping to runway and taxi way. And

If you had a ground plane with the above maps etc, scaled of course. And.

Well that's it really, you should have a fully working water landing strip. Maybe a few tweaks. And a big AND.

If someone developed an aircraft with floats. As 3rd party aircraft development is nil as far as I can see, I wouldn't hold your breath, Scuba gear needed for that.

Just the ramblings of an old man

PS, you could even add little lights on your buoys or cones for night time landings

• Sounds like some good rambling to me. ^^

• btw. What is the best guess for the Boeing 737 model that will be included in FS4? I'm sure Jan knows, but, anyone wish to guess? -800 NG maybe? nah, that would be too easy. -700 NG maybe, possible. hmm.

Regards,

Ray

• Official Post

It took them ages to add the 777 to FS2. I highly doubt there will be a 737NG of any sort. At least not for another year. IPACS likes moving at a snails pace.

We put a lot of effort into our aircraft but we obviously didn't work on just the 777 so you don't know how much time it actually took. Posts like these are the reason why we won't announce anything we're working on until it's almost ready.

We could pull off a 737 in 6 months if we wanted to, even less if we put more people on it. But obviously there are other planes and other features you might want to see as well and not just one single new airplane and nothing else.

• We put a lot of effort into our aircraft but we obviously didn't work on just the 777 so you don't know how much time it actually took. Posts like these are the reason why we won't announce anything we're working on until it's almost ready.

We could pull off a 737 in 6 months if we wanted to, even less if we put more people on it. But obviously there are other planes and other features you might want to see as well and not just one single new airplane and nothing else.

Ok maybe I was a bit harsh, but you have to understand where I am coming from. It’s been a long time since the “New Years release” which I understand things happen which inevitably delay production. Regardless my impatience continues to get the best of me. My apologies Jet-Pack (IPACS)

• Post by douglas55 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • Well Douglas, when you say "what else could you ask for in a sim?" there are many answers. The main one for me would be coverage of my own continent. I have the other sim too and it has Global scenery in incredible detail. I do not have to install the world updates if I do not want too either. I doubt AFS4 will be installed in lieu of that.

• Post by douglas55 ().

This post was deleted by the author themselves ().
  • As I have not seen this confirmed anywhere, I would like to get some official response from the IPACS team. Dynamic weather is very important for the realism part, in my opinion.

So dynamic weather you can - I'm afraid - forget. At MS and Asobo, a team larger than the entire IPACS team has been working exclusively on dynamic weather for more than four years. And they haven't really managed to get it one hundred percent right yet, if you take it very seriously. Laminar Research only manages to incorporate dynamic weather into its simulator in version 12 of X-Plane. Dynamic weather models are about the most complex thing there can be in a flight simulator....

• As I have not seen this confirmed anywhere, I would like to get some official response from the IPACS team. Dynamic weather is very important for the realism part, in my opinion.

Probably it’s better to expect something like more levels and variations of clouds and winds. But dynamic weather? You don’t need to wait for official response, the no answer is definite. Rome wasn’t built in one day.

• Probably it’s better to expect something like more levels and variations of clouds and winds. But dynamic weather? You don’t need to wait for official response, the no answer is definite. Rome wasn’t built in one day.

Yes maybe I was little unclear; with dynamic weather in this case I was referring to something more like what is available in XP11; change current weather like clouds and visibility based on metars. Now the weather remains static throughout the current simulator session. I do not expect anything close to what e.g. msfs 2020 offers.

And also, the software used in VRM's simulator is based on the Aerofly FS engine, and does support changing weather dynamically as I have understood.

• For me personally I'm not worried about dynamic weather, I only like to fly in calm conditions. I'm not apt to trying to make the SIM simulate real life flying because its not real life its only a SIM. I do however enjoy the real life scenery and aircraft. I just connected a 43" 4k TV to my PC yesterday and all I can say is "WOW" :love: , what a difference it made looking at the scenery as your flying, especially above the Swiss Alps. Incredible ! The sharpness of the imagery as your flying is bar none. I have the TV set to 3840x2160 @ 60 fps as per the built in counter bottom left of the screen. Didn't have to turn on Vsync either. :thumbup: FS4 is going to look so awesome on this TV, I can't wait for it. 8o