Aerofly FS 4 new Bf109

• Here's a new teaser for you guys:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    June 24, 2022 at 4:58 PM

Very Interesting … BUT!

Thanks Jan, does the propeller pitch ‘clock’ on the right of the instrument panel work, it gives information on what the electric propeller control is doing and do the slats pop out independently if the slip ball is not in the middle? It is a 109 characteristic.

The Aviation Classics site has a nice cockpit guide

Messerschmitt Bf 109E cockpit - Aviation Classics
    1 Revi gun sight 2 Clock 3 Magneto switches 4 Altimeter 5 Magnetic compass 6 Boost gauge 7 Air speed indicator 8 Turn and bank indicator 9 RPM gauge 10…
    www.aviationclassics.co.uk
    • Official Post

Very Interesting … BUT!

Thanks Jan, does the propeller pitch ‘clock’ on the right of the instrument panel work, it gives information on what the electric propeller control is doing and do the slats pop out independently if the slip ball is not in the middle? It is a 109 characteristic.

The Aviation Classics site has a nice cockpit guide

https://www.aviationclassics.co.uk/messerschmitt-bf-109e-cockpit/

Yes, the propeller pitch indication works. At the moment the slats pop out symmetrically but I can change that.

Regards,

Jan

• Here's a new teaser for you guys:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    June 24, 2022 at 4:58 PM

Well this looks great. I will pobably buy the pack just for Bf 109. Will there be more liveries?

Thanks.

• Yes, the propeller pitch indication works. At the moment the slats pop out symmetrically but I can change that.

That would be appropriate Jan, some aileron snatch and a trace pulse of yaw in the presence of significant slip ball deflection when pulling high g would match with pilot reports. The slats were supposed to deploy smoothly in normal flying, flying a Socata Rallye they extended gently as speed dropped and went back the other way with a trace of forward stick - an actual stick in the interesting Rallye. They were linked together in the Rallye. In high g 109 manoeuvres they were said to slam forward with a loud bang. The 109 had low stability in yaw so keeping the ball in the middle needed work.

This pilot report gives some nice handling hints https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/archive/…php/t-2482.html