TCA throttle quadrant issues [CLOSED]

• Are the airbus TCA throttles fixed in AFS2? I haven’t played in a while, but last time I did the detents in the airbus were way off. If it didn’t get fix is there a workaround for it?

That should be fixed by now. Please try this: go to the controller settings, select the device at the bottom, the press the button in the top left that shows a white controller icon with a reset arrow. Press it and confirm the dialog asking you to reset the controller to default.

• That should be fixed by now. Please try this: go to the controller settings, select the device at the bottom, the press the button in the top left that shows a white controller icon with a reset arrow. Press it and confirm the dialog asking you to reset the controller to default.

Still not working on my end. I reset the controller settings, but when I go in game my detents are not in the right positions. I can’t even use my thrust reverser when I engage it.

• Might I add this is happening on the A320. When I move my throttle to the first detent it goes full power in the sim.

Have you calibrated your device? In the controller menu select the button with the cross hairs. When asked to move it to neutral make sure to move the throttle to the 50% position.

• Val_s :

How many throttle modules do you have in use?

I use two throttle modules on my Mac, 1&2 and 3&4. Only the module set to 1&2 can map the reverse thrust function, while the module set to 3&4 cannot map reverse thrust. Maybe it is also this effect?

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Have you calibrated your device? In the controller menu select the button with the cross hairs. When asked to move it to neutral make sure to move the throttle to the 50% position.

Calibration becomes a problem because it says to press any mapped button when finished. Each detent acts as a button which doesn’t allow me to calibrate it properly.

• I also have the reaction with the locks. Therefore, I start the calibration in the 50 5 position and then move the thrust levers completely forward and completely backward. Then FS2 takes over the values for me. Now and then I have to do this one or two times in a row -- but so far it always comes to a positive result.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Val_s May 3, 2022 at 1:55 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “TCA throttle quadrant issues” to “TCA throttle quadrant issues [CLOSED]”.
  • I am having an issue I think is similar. I just bought a Honeycomb bravo throttle quadrant yesterday that I added to the 20 year old wingman stick and throttle combo I’ve had. Both are calibrated in both windows and Aerofly. For the first day the new set up was amazing with no issues. Felt almost like the real King Air I fly. But I tried some single engine stuff pulling back different combos of throttle, fuel, and props and ever since then, my two throttle are in conflict it seems, where the plane’s throttles will go full idle, full throttle, or creep back after setting at baited paces. I’ve tried putting the joystick slider at both ends, full on or full off, as well as leaving it in the middle, and it occasionally works for a bit to allow me to use the bravo with things working correctly, but eventually, usually on short final or take off it starts going crazy again. I tried to shut off the joystick throttle axis but can’t figure out how. I read somewhere on here you could delete an input but the delete key didn’t do it and I seem to only be able to turn off the whole joystick or leave it all on in the controls and inputs sections. I’ve rebooted as well. Any help?

Thanks!

• When one of the axes has a small bit error it tends to jump in value which can cause issues if multiple axes are assigned to the same function. That's why it works some times and other times it seems to creep away. We may have to add even more filters to the input axes to prevent a single axis from jittering so much that is causes theses issues.