New Digital Instruments for the 737 500

• The gauge style cockpit on the 737 is a visual feast! It certainly adds to the variety in the sim, plus it shows us just how design of flight displays has advanced over time. Theres no doubting that modern electronic displays that combine all the key flight parameters have a greater efficiency of focus for the pilots scan.

• You should leave the Boeing 737 the way it is. It's a retro Plane! We've got Jet's with modern Cockpits. There are far more important Things that need to be made functional. IPACS should Focus on the Bug's that still exist and add more functions to the SIM.That make the SIM even more realistic. There is still potential for Improvment. 👍

• You should leave the Boeing 737 the way it is. It's a retro Plane! We've got Jet's with modern Cockpits. There are far more important Things that need to be made functional. IPACS should Focus on the Bug's that still exist and add more functions to the SIM.That make the SIM even more realistic. There is still potential for Improvment. 👍

But the plane is useless for me because I wanna do realistic flights and none of the implemented airlines are flying this plane anymore.

• Oh God oh God

If You don't have any other Problems in Live? Thats fine.Don't You think thats a bit petty? We're talking about a Simulator here,not Real Life! If You want Real then get Your Pilots License. IPACS cannot and will not be able to consider every wish of every individual.🤦

• Oh God oh God

If You don't have any other Problems in Live? Thats fine.Don't You think thats a bit petty? We're talking about a Simulator here,not Real Life! If You want Real then get Your Pilots License. IPACS cannot and will not be able to consider every wish of every individual.🤦

Simulator even says it in the word. Aerofly tries to simulate a REALISTIC flight experience. So whats your problem? Its just my opinion and Why CANT I fly as realistic as I want. Aerofly is the most realistic flight simulator for mobile thats Why i downloaded it. Not for arcade stuff Bruh…

• Ryanair’s 737-200s had a small cigarette box end sized GPS display unit in the centre of the panel near the gear lever, it gave data such as waypoint distance and bearing and track and ground speed. The Aero ‘-500’ is basically a -200 cockpit so I’m sure many of the (few) real analog -500s got a similar device, even ones with a CDU.

Removing the inappropriate (-200) EPR gauge would help with authenticity.

• Nobody has any right to impose their own definition of "realism" onto others. I thought I had left this sort of stuff behind when I deleted my Infinite Flight app 😉 .

I think Aerofly FS does what it says on the tin ....flight simming. It gives us the impression, the feeling, the sense of a journey through flight. That can be the starting point for all kinds of imaginary scenarios, whether recreating real airline routes, scenic GA flights, or our own pretend route creations that use our favourite aircraft between interesting airports over great scenery.

I fall into the last category (Skyworks Q400, Bern to Torino, one of my favourite routes ...is it a real one? I actually don't know, it's just a fun flight, and in my imagination it can be 100% realistic ....or how about Alitalia A320, Bologna to Dubrovnik? Another great one that seems completely realistic.)

Its our imaginations that create the realism and we can imagine any scenario that brings the sense and magic of flight to life on a mobile screen!

• Using the -500 (intelligently) is like going for a walk in the woods without a guide and finding your way back to the car park 8) . It is an important Aerofly sim link between the honest straightforward training planes and the auto-everything dumbed down friendly Air France debatable awareness compatible airliners.

• Using the -500 (intelligently) is like going for a walk in the woods without a guide and finding your way back to the car park 8) . It is an important Aerofly sim link between the honest straightforward training planes and the auto-everything dumbed down friendly Air France debatable awareness compatible airliners.

Yes, and thats a very purist flight simmers point of view. I take the same attitude ....its about learning, discovery, gaining a taste and sense of the real aviation environment (and technology history in this case).

There is another category of users I realise, not "pure flight simmers", but more airline enthusiasts and plane spotters. They experience aviation through visits to their home airports and actual flights on real aircraft as passangers (usually with family 😉 ). Their passion is to understand things like the exact aircraft model used by their favourite airline for each specific route, the route schedules, parking gates, exact flight levels used etc.

For them flight simming is about replaying for themselves these exact same real world flights with the "correct" liveries and models .....that is what "realism" means to this kind of user.

So we have this constant conflict between the two types of flight simmers, conflict about what is essential to be "realistic', and conflict about the priorities for app development....

• Yes, and thats a very purist flight simmers point of view. I take the same attitude ....its about learning, discovery, gaining a taste and sense of the real aviation environment (and technology history in this case).

There is another category of users I realise, not "pure flight simmers", but more airline enthusiasts and plane spotters. They experience aviation through visits to their home airports and actual flights on real aircraft as passangers (usually with family 😉 ). Their passion is to understand things like the exact aircraft model used by their favourite airline for each specific route, the route schedules, parking gates, exact flight levels used etc.

For them flight simming is about replaying for themselves these exact same real world flights with the "correct" liveries and models .....that is what "realism" means to this kind of user.

So we have this constant conflict between the two types of flight simmers, conflict about what is essential to be "realistic', and conflict about the priorities for app development....

He asked for new screens and I asked for new winglets. That was just a suggest and we have to admit that we will get many more liveries with these new winglets so I don’t understand your point… I mean I understand what you mean but it’s not like a conflict or so…

• Its a conflict of attitudes and expectations.

The group of people I describe as "airline enthusiasts and plane spotters" have different attitudes and expectations to the group of " pure flight simmers"

So someone in the first group has a strong need for a livery or winglets, or a variation on an aircraft type, because for them realism means replicating the exact situation from the real world that interets them. They expect it because a simulator is meant to be as real as possible, right?

But those in the "pure flight simmers" group can never understand this need because for them the sim is a tool and starting point for their imaginations, and for them simply needs to produce a powerful sense and feeling of the aviation environment.

So there is this constant "why do we need that, we need this more" conflict, because the beliefs about what is "real" are very different.

• Its a conflict of attitudes and expectations.

The group of people I describe as "airline enthusiasts and plane spotters" have different attitudes and expectations to the group of " pure flight simmers"

So someone in the first group has a strong need for a livery or winglets, or a variation on an aircraft type, because for them realism means replicating the exact situation from the real world that interets them. They expect it because a simulator is meant to be as real as possible, right?

But those in the "pure flight simmers" group can never understand this need because for them the sim is a tool and starting point for their imaginations, and for them simply needs to produce a powerful sense and feeling of the aviation environment.

So there is this constant "why do we need that, we need this more" conflict, because the beliefs about what is "real" are very different.

On point, thanks.