【Important】Android User Landscape Optimization Scheme

• 1.Fix the Map Error

Hello everyone, As you know, PIACS provides the Aerofly FS 2022 with lots of landscapes to download.

However, there is a problem: after downloading all the terrain DLC, some areas of the game will look like this:

The texture color of the landscape made a huge difference and looked very incompatible.

Now let me offer a solution to this problem on Android! (note! Android only!)

First, I imported all of my landscape files into Aerofly FS 2021. Later, I found that although the three files in the picture below occupied a lot of storage space of the phone, they presented very little landscape content.

Moreover, these landscapes are already present in the default landscapes of AF2022, so their existence is quite redundant.

Their file names are as follows:

So I put the other files back into AF2022 and everything was fine! Most landscapes are rendered in the same color and manner as the default landscape.

The culprits are the three DLC files that were supposed to provide HD graphics.

Their in-game names are shown below:

If you haven't downloaded hd landscapes yet, please make sure you don't click on these landscapes while downloading. They are not dedicated to presenting a better system on your phone!

To add, the full name of three DLC files to be deleted are called:

dlc_scenery_eu_scandinavia_p1.tme

dlc_scenery_eu_british_isles_p1.tme

dlc_scenery_eu_central_p1_v220 5.tme

Never delete files ending in “P0”. Those provide the airport modeling and base tiles for the game. If deleted, you will lose those existing airports!

Again, this only works on Android phones. If you're an IOS user, the only known way to do this is to delete the game and download it again! Personally, I don't recommend it!

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

Edited 6 times, last by orangedog433 (May 4, 2022 at 7:19 AM).

• However, there are still some areas of the landscape problems can not be solved, such as Switzerland, northern England...

Some white tiles that look like clouds also enter the landscape

One can only hope that officials will fix the problem one day!

• 2. The issue of Aerofly FS 2021 landscape DLC file transplantation

Note that this feature only works on Android!

Disclaimer: This post belongs to technical exchange, all behaviors belong to modify the application behavior, the game may crash and other problems. Users are doing this at their own risk and that IPACS cannot offer any further support unless you uninstall the app, delete all files that you copied over and then reinstall it.

First let's evaluate the value of this question. In Aerofly FS 2022, you need to buy it in the U.S. to download it. But Florida DLC is not available for download. The landscape of The UK and Switzerland lacks a large number of house modeling, and the clarity of the landscape is much lower than that of AF2021. This proves the need to port the AF2021 landscape to 2022!

So let me introduce the effect of porting each AF2021 landscape DLC into Aerofly FS 2022.

The figure above shows five file names in 2021

1. Swiss landscape transplantation.

Move the Swiss landscape to Aerofly FS 2022 and the Alps and most of the country will be replaced with hd maps from DLC files. The Swiss region will also get housing construction again.

This file takes up 1.6GB of phone space and is a great help to the landscape. So this file porting is very necessary!

2. British landscape transplantation.

We port the AF2021 files into 2022, and the lost buildings in London, UK will be back. But the move of the DLC file will only affect city buildings in The London area, not anywhere else. Moving into this DLC without downloading the AF2022 landscape will not add any airports to the game.

This file takes up 1.8 GB and is only available for London city buildings. Recommended optional download!

3. South Florida transplant.

This region will not be available for download in 2022, but will be ported to bring the landscape from 2021 to 2022. South Florida's urban architecture and super-detailed airport will enrich Aerofly FS 2022's visuals!

This file consumes 520MB of phone space and is worth porting!

Edited 3 times, last by orangedog433 (May 2, 2022 at 12:36 PM).

• 4. Utah Landscape transplant.

Utah is officially available as a download in Aerofly FS 2022 and costs around $1.50 to purchase (depending on the actual location).

We can still port Utah DLC files from 2021 to 2022. But I found some problems after the actual test.

First, the Utah landscape files for AF2021 are similar in size to those for AF2022. But some areas were not included in the document, such as the mountainous terrain north of Salt Lake. But these are all well restored in 2022.

Second, there are some incompatibilities between the Utah document 2021 and the AF2022 game. Some of the airport building maps were incorrectly mapped with the following result:

The landscape DLC file takes up 1.5GB of space. Compared to the 2022 landscape, there are some compatibility issues. Porting this file to AF2022 is not recommended!Personally, I recommend buying the Utah landscape in 2022!

5. American HD landscape map porting.

In Aerofly FS 2022, if you want to get a view of areas like California and Nevada. The only way to do that is by purchasing the official DLC landscape. It costs around $1.50 (depending on the location).

But in previous versions of Aerofly, there was always a file to download about hd landscapes. So does it need to be ported into 2022?

As it turns out, it was very necessary! In AF2022, the production precision of the official landscapes for purchase and download is only equivalent to the default landscapes in 2021. Or just porting the default landscape file from 2021 to 2022, a DLC patch with hd maps is pretty important!

Here's how it looks before and after the addition of HD Landscape DLC in AF2022:

This file takes up 1.8GB of the phone's memory and is very useful for improving the U.S. landscape, so it is highly recommended that players port it into Aerofly FS 2022!

Disclaimer: This post belongs to technical exchange, all behaviors belong to modify the application behavior, the game may crash and other problems. Users are doing this at their own risk and that IPACS cannot offer any further support unless you uninstall the app, delete all files that you copied over and then reinstall it.

That's my introduction to the five landscape DLC ports!

Note that only Android users can perform this migration!

Edited once, last by orangedog433 (May 2, 2022 at 8:44 AM).

• I can't distinguish those from the past and those from the present. The definition of the landscape map is very chaotic,

Most of them are the real machine pictures after the document is transplanted into the new version, and a few contrast pictures I have described in advance in the article. Of course if your game doesn't have anything like the images I posted, that's a port. :saint:

• Official Post

By moving the files you are introducing the risk of crashes and reduce the performance significantly. There are a lot of errors happening in the background that you can't see. It makes it hard for us to distinguish which errors are user made and which ones aren't. This limits the support we can give users.

The small price for the additional downloads are there to cover our expenses for hosting the many GBs of aerial images. It's less than a cup of coffee and we don't really make any money from it.

Unfortunately some aerial images come from different sources and don't match each other at the edge of the coverage area. It's an insane amount of work if we tried to do a color match manually. We're talking about thousands of kilometers of borders. It also takes some time for us to develop an algorithm for this and we are busy with more important stuff to be honest. It's something on our long to-do list but we can only work on so many things at once.

• By moving the files you are introducing the risk of crashes and reduce the performance significantly. There are a lot of errors happening in the background that you can't see. It makes it hard for us to distinguish which errors are user made and which ones aren't. This limits the support we can give users.

The small price for the additional downloads are there to cover our expenses for hosting the many GBs of aerial images. It's less than a cup of coffee and we don't really make any money from it.

Unfortunately some aerial images come from different sources and don't match each other at the edge of the coverage area. It's an insane amount of work if we tried to do a color match manually. We're talking about thousands of kilometers of borders. It also takes some time for us to develop an algorithm for this and we are busy with more important stuff to be honest. It's something on our long to-do list but we can only work on so many things at once.

Can you keep the clarity of the old and new versions of the map consistent? Don't turn the clarity into blur

• By moving the files you are introducing the risk of crashes and reduce the performance significantly.......

That makes sense, but in my long flight experience so far, I've never had any crashes. And I didn't feel any difference in performance (maybe because my phone works so well). The most performance-intensive aspects of the game are the clouds in the sky and the volume modeling on the ground. At the very least I don't feel like importing these textures will have any irreversible impact on the game. So I just published this post to give some guidance and reference. :/

It's not easy to develop both mobile and PC. We players often want a better experience, but you're tired of the workload. At the very least, I think importing these old files is the best compromise.

However, if the authorities really can't give the players what they want in time. They will find ways to make the experience better.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Jet-Pack (IPACS) You really should watch this video. We don't know how he got street lights into the game. But for me, this landscape must be what I think Aerofly really looks like! :thumbup:

• Jan I’d give a virtual arm and a leg to get that Oakland look in iPadOS, I’d love to have it in PC! My iPad pro 12.9 M1 should have the necessary performance.

Perhaps the hills on the horizon block the ‘100% unscaled lights at the horizon’ look, a bit like Denver. It is very pretty😍.

• Moreover, these landscapes are already present in the default landscapes of AF2022, so their existence is quite redundant.

Their file names are as follows:

To add, the three DLC files to be deleted are called:

dlc_scenery_eu_scandinavia_p1.tme

dlc_scenery_eu_british_isles_p1.tme

dlc_scenery_eu_central_p1_v220 5.tme

Never delete files ending in “P0”. Those provide the airport modeling and base tiles for the game. If deleted, you will lose those existing airports!