Aerofly RC 9 Now Available on Mac App Store

• Official Post

We are happy to announce that aerofly RC 9 is now available in the Mac App Store.

Aerofly RC 9 now has native support for the new Apple M1 Mac computers resulting in a much better performance compared to previous versions.

Description

Learn to fly radio controlled (R/C) models with aerofly RC 9. When it comes to learning and improving R/C flying skills, aerofly RC 9 is the number one choice for R/C pilots. Our state of the art physics simulation gives you a stunning level of realism. Together with our superb model details and awesome scenery quality you will feel as if standing on a real flying field.

You may choose from a wide variety of models, like aerobatic airplanes, helicopters, jets, gliders, scale models and quadrocopters, FES glider, 4D aerobatic with reverse thrust, LED lights for night flying and much more.

The aerofly RC 9 joins fun and training just like game and serious simulation. Have fun and fly at whatever time you like.

After practicing on aerofly RC 9, you’ll fly confidently and instinctively at the field.

Many features and game-like competitions will test your piloting abilities that put real fun into your virtual flying!

Features

• Choose from over 270 models and 59 different flying fields.
    • Eight 4D flying sceneries with adjustable conditions and suitable for follow mode flying.
    • 51 high resolution photo sceneries with super crisp Retina Display support.
    • Special FPV features like onboard cams, racetracks, FPV city and stabilize mode .
    • Super realistic surface and water reflections.
    • Scale your model up to two times bigger or smaller, adjust model mass.
    • Adjustable stall range at many models
    • Scale glider with FES drive
    • 4D aerobatic with reverse thrust
    • LED position and landing lights, illumination mit night flying
    • FPV parcour for multi copters, race track for all models
    • Special airfield radar window for improved orientation.
    • Highly detailed aircraft with state of the art physics simulation.
    • Stunning dynamics simulation for a realistic flight feeling.
    • Set wind, clouds and time of day for challenging training conditions.
    • Different model types: Multicopters, electric and gas powered airplanes, helicopters, gliders, jets, autogyros and scale models.
    • Fly with friends all over the world in Multiplayer Mode with voicechat.
    • Train your skills with interactive hover trainer, torque trainer and contests like airrace.
    • Suitable for many R/C transmitters and joysticks.
    • StickMover support.

System Requirements

For Flying the R/C models:

• All models can be flown using the mouse and keyboard only
    • For the best experience, we strongly recommend to use a joystick or dedicated R/C controller with 4 axes

Supported macOS versions:

• macOS Monterey (or higher) recommended
    • macOS 11 Big Sur
    • macOS Catalina
    • macOS 10.14.2 Mojave
    • macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Supported hardware:

• All iMacs, Mac Book's and Mac Mini's that support the Apple Metal graphics interface. This applies to nearly all Mac computers manufactured since 2015.
    • Some of the more complex 4D landscapes are only suitable for computers with a dedicated graphics processor from AMD or NVIDIA or the new Apple M1 devices.

Screenshots

• Some of the more complex 4D landscapes are only suitable for computers with a dedicated graphics processor from AMD or NVIDIA or the new Apple M1 devices

It feels good for the coming soon Aerofly FS 4 (Apple M1 devices).

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Thank you for releasing Aerofly RC9 for MacOS! I have bought Aerofly RC 7 and Aerofly RC 8 on the AppStore. Will there be an upgrade I can buy at a discount like for Windows - or must I purchase Aerofly RC 9 at full price?

Thank you.

Edited once, last by Mayven: Typo (May 13, 2022 at 4:31 AM).

• Yes - in Australia the prices are as of today:

$199.99 AeroFly RC 9

$249.99 Aerofly RC 9 Upgrade from Aerofly RC 8 (apps in this bundle, RC9, RC 8)

$319.99 Aerofly RC9 Upgrade (apps in this bundle, RC9, RC 8, RC 7)

The problem appears to be the upgrades are listed as a bundle - rather than an upgrade. To be clear, I'd like to be able to buy Aerofly RC9 at a discount because I own Aerofly RC 8 and Aerofly RC 8 (even if I lost the ability to play RC8 and RC7).

Thanks

• We have contacted Apple but have not received any reply yet. It's definetly not working as advertised. The funny thing is, that our previous App Bundles from RC 7 to RC 8 work. Again, we need to wait for an official answer to check and see what's wrong.

I can imagine there is no interest for you to fix this but either you remove the option of "upgrade" or you fix it. for App Store in Switzerland buy RC9 is CHF 130 or updgrade from RC8 for CHF 200, it must be a morbid joke...

• I can imagine there is no interest for you to fix this but either you remove the option of "upgrade" or you fix it. for App Store in Switzerland buy RC9 is CHF 130 or updgrade from RC8 for CHF 200, it must be a morbid joke...

Apple is more and more dragging for “gamers” (supporting controllers, high power devices). But when you face Apple, the developers can crash into a heavy unbreakable wall.

So today, you are force to use this under-thing named Steam to have Aerofly on Mac for example, because IPACS finished by giving up years ago with Apple and its Mac AppStore. And it’s not a question of fees, both take 30% off.

So, this application launcher/store called Steam takes at very least 10 seconds to start on a M1 Pro Mac, whereas Aerofly mobile starts within 1 second on a M1 iPad (same with LumaFusion, a 4K HDR video editor for iPad/Mac). I mean hello!

Ok I went farther than I initially wanted.

If you are not Amazon, dealing with Apple is complicated.

(Thanks IPACS for publishing Mac & Linux version, this effort deserves a hug)

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited 3 times, last by FrankLFRS (June 25, 2022 at 3:57 PM).

• Official Post

Regarding the App Bundle showing a wrong price, we are still in contact with the Apple support, however, this wasn't helpful at all so far.

Apple has confirmed that we have setup everything correctly, so it's not an issue on our side. However we were given no answer whether the issue is being worked on, which is very frustrating.

If we don't get a more detailed answer by end of next week, we will be forced to remove the App Bundle again, sadly.

Our experience with the Mac App Store has been quite disappointing, as it really doesn't offer us easy solutions to update our games or to offer special prices for existing customers.

We can only hope this will improve again in the future.