Aerofly RC 9 Now Available on Mac App Store

• Hi

I am a new user of rc9. Downloaded to my M1 MacBook Pro from the App Store. I’m really enjoying it so far.

However I’m worried from the above statement that if you pull it from the App Store, that I’ll no longer get updates to rc9. How will I get updates in the future if this happens?

Regards, Richard

• Hi

I am a new user of rc9. Downloaded to my M1 MacBook Pro from the App Store. I’m really enjoying it so far.

However I’m worried from the above statement that if you pull it from the App Store, that I’ll no longer get updates to rc9. How will I get updates in the future if this happens?

Regards, Richard

It has happened to Aerofly FS 2

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• It has happened to Aerofly FS 2

Do they still update FS2?

RC9 is a brand new product. I would be very disappointed if they pulled it from the App Store and I no longer got updates so early in the products lifespan.

If they pull it from the App Store and put it on steam instead,I would like to hope they transfer my license to steam so I continue getting software updates.

• @three6ty: We didn't say we will remove RC 9 from Mac App Store, we were refering to the App Bundle only which should have allowed the users to get RC 9 at a reduced price when they already purchased RC 8.

Ah ok. Thank you for the clarification. And my apologies for thinking you would remove rc9. 👍

Will updates still come through ok on the version from the App Store?

• I use rc9 on my MacBook Pro M1. Runs great. I use a jeti ds12 on it. I was using the usb cable that came with the transmitter. Then last week I got the usb dongle that I can put a receiver in to so I can sim without cables. It took a bit of figuring out to set up with jeti. Not quite as simple as the steps shown on this website but got it working and it works very well now 👍

There are plenty of options for other transmitters but I don’t know which one you are trying to use

• Hi everyone,

I looked into why Apple users can't upgrade from Aerofly RC8 to Aerofly RC9. This is because the MacOS App Store doesn't really support the functionality. Read this article for more details:

Mac developers complain about App Store bundles and the lack of paid upgrades
    Developers of the Kaleidoscope app wrote a letter complaining about App Store bundles and the lack of app upgrades.
    9to5mac.com

Sadly, unless this can be fixed, Aerofly RC8 will be the last version I buy. Instead of paying full price for Aerofly RC9, I'd prefer to buy Realflight 9.5s at full price (they are about the same), that way I'd have Aerofly RC 8 and Realflight 9.5s instead of just Aerofly RC 9.

I don't blame IKarus for this - it seems to be Apple that has caused the problem. Still sucks though :(

• So *if* the Mac App Store issue with the RC 9 upgrade for those who already have RC 8 is resolved, what would the anticipated price be?

I would like to get RC 9 upgrade. But if this is not going to be resolved in the near future, I will consider just getting it at the single app price which currently is showing up as CAD179.99 in the App Store.

• So *if* the Mac App Store issue with the RC 9 upgrade for those who already have RC 8 is resolved, what would the anticipated price be?

I would like to get RC 9 upgrade. But if this is not going to be resolved in the near future, I will consider just getting it at the single app price which currently is showing up as CAD179.99 in the App Store.

Just my win10 opinion but I don't think there is any significant difference between RC8 and RC 9 anyway. I sort of treated the upgrade to RC9 (~us$45 at the time) as more of a donation than a purchase, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• I hope that the .DMG is upload on a server like the .exe for the PC´s. So no App Store is needed.

I can't understand that Apple need so much time to fix the problem.

Thanks for the work to Ipacs they give Mac users a really good sim!!!!!

DrangzumHang

• I would really appreciate getting the update for a reasonable price (159 (upgrade price) minus 129 (full price) = € 30) on my Mac - instead of paying the full price to be able to use the latest version.
    Mac-upgraders are waiting now already for 2 months for the new version. IPACS - please find an easy and quick solution for your loyal customers. Thx