Vancouver, BC Mega-Scenery (out now)

• A long time ago I had started the implementation of the next extension of my British Columbia (BC)-Scenery, this for the big town Vancouver and his area.

Since I had worked on the stunning Hawaii project and was busy with other things, I never finished and published it. I had thought about finishing the scenery. Unfortunately, the demand and response regarding FS2 is currently very low, it is not worth to do a bigger effort.

On the other hand, my work for the whole area is far advanced yet. What is missing are some details like the bridges and other things like ferry boats I had the intention to implement them.

Therefore, the scenery is actually already very nice like it is and fantastic to fly. I was asked about sharing it. So I decided to upload it as a pre-release version very soon. I did a fist effort last weekend to prepare the files and will do some test flights now.

What you will get is not only the city and the surrounding area, but a huge flying area that also covers part of the US state of Washington including Mt. Baker as well as part of Vancouver Island.

This is the coverage (blue):

Some previews:

*** Coming soon ***

• Vancouver (BC) Mega Scenery is out now and available on flight-sim.org.

This scenery contains special cultivation and objects. It also has facilities for helicopters and seaplanes. There is a really wide area to explore and also much to discover (e.g. some mountain stations, the ruskin dam).

The container port as well as the seaplane bases at the harbour and airport were created by TomSimMuc, Many thanks!

Some more impressions:

Enjoy, ;)

Christophe

• chrispriv May 22, 2022 at 11:03 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “Vancouver, BC Mega-Scenery - pre-release (coming soon)” to “Vancouver, BC Mega-Scenery (out now)”.
  • Thanks for your hint.

Made the bug-fix of the flying trees for the airports of Sechelt and Chilliwack and removed the overlay of cultivation with airport-buidlings of CAP3 Sechelt. Just upload "v1.01-fixed".

The issue is due of a bug in the TOC-File of some airports of fscloudport having no towers.

THANK YOU :)

Best wishes, Michael :)

• A stunning package - unfortunately, cultivation no longer working in AFS4

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• A stunning package - unfortunately, cultivation no longer working in AFS4

Many thanks for your feedback!

Indeed, my cultivation does not work any more. On the other hand, there is already included a new cultivation for this area in FS4.

Combined with the images of my FS2 scenery the scenery is allready quite nice and performant flying in VR (especially nearly without loading interruptions anymore as a great improvement on FS4):

What is missing are all the special buildings, the container harbor etc. and also especially all the airports in BC, Canada (only KBLI Bellingham, USA is available).

admin :

I hope that there will be a work around soon, which will also have the possibility of excluding the cultivation and especially the buildings.
    Otherwise, it will not be possible to adapt the existing sceneries with special buildings like e.g. the huts in the Swiss Mountains or some objects individual objects in the towns, allready covered by the new cultivation of FS4, that in principle is well done in my opinion.

• chrispriv Sorry for the dumb question. I downloaded all part 5 files and put them in the recommended directory but when I go to FS2 I cannot see anything in the vancouver area. I'm probably missing something like elevation mesh? Could you please point me in the right direction mate. Thanks.

Edit; OK, I correctly copied all this to the scenery folder and all works fine, duh, lol! Great effort mate. I was born and raised in Vancouver and did my first flight training at Abbotsford BC and graduated from UBC so this really brings a lot of nice memories. Another good reason to stick with FS2 for now. Thanks again mate and cheers.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Edited once, last by TomC RLG (July 7, 2022 at 4:24 AM).

• So, just for my understanding. IPACS has added cultivation for Vancouver area? up to where did they do it?

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Ok. There is cultivation from FS4 until a few km after CYSE Squamish Airport. Then it ends. Whistler has no more cultivation. too much north

• Christophe,

I'm sorry I missed your Vancouver release. It's been awhile... I'm going to fire up AFS2 and check it out! Thank you so much for your hard work in bringing my local area alive with all the airports and scenery!

I also noticed some very nice shots featuring some special liveries! ;) Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Tony