Possible fix for the lights issue on android devices which can be implemented

• admin I may have a possible fix for the lighting issue on Android devices where the lights of the aircraft do not illuminate the ground. The main issue is the Vulkan rendering engine for android which is causing the lighting shader incompatibility. So instead of shader based lighting, IPACS can implement texture based lighting (A lightmap) for android devices. GTA San Andreas also uses this method of lighting the ground by car headlights.

Example image is given in the attached file.

• admin I may have a possible fix for the lighting issue on Android devices where the lights of the aircraft do not illuminate the ground. The main issue is the Vulkan rendering engine for android which is causing the lighting shader incompatibility. So instead of shader based lighting, IPACS can implement texture based lighting (A lightmap) for android devices. GTA San Andreas also uses this method of lighting the ground by car headlights.

Example image is given in the attached file.

That's a very good idea! :) :thumbup:

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD,

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 11, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

• Probably a good idea. But a car doesn’t fly, it stays on the ground.

So the 2D headlight.png file is ok for the 2D ground. But a plane is flying and requires a 3D model lighting cones.

This complex cones (they put multiple cones of light) of light need a neat computing system.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

• Probably a good idea. But a car doesn’t fly, it stays on the ground.

So the 2D headlight.png file is ok for the 2D ground. But a plane is flying and requires a 3D model lighting cones.

This complex cones (they put multiple cones of light) of light need a neat computing system.

That is true but the only difference is that if the plane points upwards, the light scales down as it goes far away when the plane points upwards. So the only thing required to be thought out of the box here is the adaptive scaling and placement of the the light texture( perhaps this happens with cars aswell since it is GTA which I am referring to, where cars are known to be pointing as well as being at places which they are not made to be there) Also for the mobile versions of Aerofly, there is no volumetrics except for the clouds (which don't react to light anyways) which is being interacted by the aircraft where one would need real lights instead of a texture to illuminate the volume. + the ground is the only thing which is required to be lit