What weight has our 737 in aerofly mobile?

• airbavaria May 21, 2022 at 7:32 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “What weight has our 737 in aero flight mobile?” to “What weight has our 737 in aerofly mobile?”.
  • No, unfortunately You cannot change the Take -Off Weight or the amount of Fuel.This is particularly noticeable with the Learjet 45. :(

Presumably it goes more like a rocket than an aeroplane 😃 ...

Its a pity, I find the B787 climbs very steeply and over 4000ft VS off the runway in VNAV mode. I think a bit more weight might tame it ....

• I hope IPACS will add the New York region to mobile in a future update or release. Honestly with Aerofly Fs 4 coming soon and new regions like Washington and Oregon coming. The Mobile version should really get New York since the PC version already has it.

• Jet-Pack writes above you cannot change the Weight and Fuel amount in the Real Plane in FMS.Of course in the Real Life Aircraft you have to enter the Weight and Fuel in the FMS via the MCDU. This is Exsistential for every flight.I do not understand this Statement. Based on these Input values, further calculations are made automatically. Every Pilot need to know how heavy his Plane is. If we can enter the Weight and Fuel ourselves in the Simulator, that would be a great success.Example,, the Learjet 45 runs aut of Fuel after a short flight Time, the Aircraft continues to fly,but it is unrealistic. This should definitely be improved. In Real Life, Weight (PAX/Cargo) is communicaded to the Pilot and the Fuel required is calculated accordingly. Of Course, the Pilot has to inform the Board/Computer about this. Actually, that's very Logical.

• Official Post

Jet-Pack writes above you cannot change the Weight and Fuel amount in the Real Plane in FMS.Of course in the Real Life Aircraft you have to enter the Weight and Fuel in the FMS via the MCDU. This is Exsistential for every flight.I do not understand this Statement. Based on these Input values, further calculations are made automatically. Every Pilot need to know how heavy his Plane is. If we can enter the Weight and Fuel ourselves in the Simulator, that would be a great success.Example,, the Learjet 45 runs aut of Fuel after a short flight Time, the Aircraft continues to fly,but it is unrealistic. This should definitely be improved. In Real Life, Weight (PAX/Cargo) is communicaded to the Pilot and the Fuel required is calculated accordingly. Of Course, the Pilot has to inform the Board/Computer about this. Actually, that's very Logical.

You can enter any value into the FMS, it doesn't change the actual mass of the plane though. Some add-on aircraft in other flight simulators change the actual mass of the simulated plane when you enter a gross weight into the FMS.

Of course the value entered into the FMS is critical for flight planning but that isn't what I was referring to.

• You cannot change the weight in the real world FMS either... When we are adding mass and balance we'll make a dedicated menu for it and not hack it into the FMS where it doesn't belong and is unrealistic.

Sure, I think a good approach for further development would be a menu item (like the wind and cloud settings), to adjust the aircraft weight. This figure could then automatically populate the relevant fields in the flight computer, and adjust the V speeds.

One nice extra touch for reality would be an option for the pilot to manually enter their chosen weight in the cockpit and check the Ref speeds as they update. Its up to the pilot to set the weight correctly!

It would be excellent if the weight setting could impact the aircraft performance realistically!