Top Gun Maverick potential features

• As the title suggests, having just seen the new top gun (and holy smokes it’s a good film) I was wondering if IPACS were ever planning to add such features to aerofly as the F14 Tomcat or an aircraft carrier somewhere on the map to practice ocean missions and short carrier landings.

Only some thoughts, love to know what everyone else thinks of this kinda stuff.

• We'd love to add a carrier one day which would feature catapult launch and catch hook retrieval using our amazing physics simulation of course. An F-14 would be quite cool as well. Unfortunately this all takes quite a bit of time to implement but it would be a lot of fun.

Niiice, well glad to know you haven’t missed it out. Maybe a potential update feature in time to come 🤫

• As the title suggests, having just seen the new top gun (and holy smokes it’s a good film) I was wondering if IPACS were ever planning to add such features to aerofly as the F14 Tomcat or an aircraft carrier somewhere on the map to practice ocean missions and short carrier landings.

Only some thoughts, love to know what everyone else thinks of this kinda stuff.

Sometime in the 90's there was a kid's TV show (or film? not sure which, looked like a Disney type production) about an aircraft carrier with F18 and F14 pilots. Quite a bit of carrier footage especially of F18's. I have been trying to find this movie for decades - have no idea what it was called but would love to see it again.

The story was about the rivalry between the new breed of pilots (the F18) and the old breed (F14) and was about the transition from tomcats to hornets. The hornet guys thought they were the best (the latest model) and the tomcat guys thought they were and the new guys were show ponies. It was about the design of the tomcat versus hornet - both pretty amazing planes in their own right. Looked like a kids show but the footage was pretty awesome if memory serves. It wasn't a top gun type film, more shallow than that.

If anyone knows what this show was I would love to know.

'Les Chevaliers du Ciel' (Sky Fighters) is my favourite aviation film. It is hard to beat.

Favourite album: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

My ride: MB339, B744, Aerofly FS Global, Ipad Pro 2022/11 1TB ipadOS17

XBox Series X/S wireless controller (model 1914)

• Hi HKATER,

I think you are talking about ''SUPERCARRIER'', It was a 1988 tv show and also there was a movie with the same name and cast:

Flugzeugträger U.S.S. Georgetown (TV Series 1988) - IMDb
    Flugzeugträger U.S.S. Georgetown: Created by Steven E. de Souza, Stanford Whitmore. With Ken Olandt, Cec Verrell, John David Bland, Gerardo Mejía. The lives…
    www.imdb.com

I always watched it and still love the intro ;)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hope this helped you out,

P.s. You should also watch ''the Final Countdown'', strange movie about the USS Nimitz and its crew who travel back in time by some weird thunderstorm, they arrive at 12-06-1941 , so the day before the Japanese attack at Pearl Harbor on 12-07-1941. Their big issue is, ''should we change history and attack the Japanese fleet with our modern jets before they can attack Pearl Harbor.......... or not?''

Great movie with amazing dogfights between US F-14's and Japanese Zero's, here are the end credits:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Greetings

Matthias from FSVisions.nl

Edited 2 times, last by mnpostema (June 7, 2022 at 12:47 AM).

• Thankyou (you've done it!, mystery solved), 'supercarrier TV series' must be the one. It is so rare to see anything about it, it would explain why I have been searching for this so long - very rare piece of work.

I can see that it is available online to buy but I doubt I will go that route. The wikipedia page is interesting — about the friction between the Navy and the Hollywood producers. I remember that Topgun was so good because the Navy were 100% behind the production team as a recruitment tool. Seems the producers on this one had other interests in mind (not Navy !). A bit like the 'General Hospital' show which seemed more about hanky-panky (Doctors and nurses) than about a hospital. Maybe that is a real hospital? Ah Hollywood - whatever sells!

Yes 'The Final Countdown' is in my collection. I like the WW2 'baa baa black sheep' (a great comedy/drama) but the footage of Southern California (looks like the set of MASH) pretending to be the Pacific Islands jars with me.

Another favourite of mine is the 5 minute scene of the F18 in Behind Enemy Lines, link below.

Edited once, last by HKATER (June 9, 2022 at 2:16 AM).

• What would be cool would be an F35 and a foreign military base (Doha, UAE, Persian Gulf or a Pacific Island) with aerial refueling along the way (an aircraft to intercept en-route, a ferry flight, using radar or some onboard systems) as a mission. But now I am dreaming... :)

It would require a very small extra scenery and maybe an aircraft carrier. Just a suggestion.

I already know what the IPACS reply will be - YES you are DREAMING!

• What would be cool would be an F35 and a foreign military base (Doha, UAE, Persian Gulf or a Pacific Island) with aerial refueling along the way (an aircraft to intercept en-route, a ferry flight, using radar or some onboard systems) as a mission. But now I am dreaming... :)

It would require a very small extra scenery and maybe an aircraft carrier. Just a suggestion.

I already know what the IPACS reply will be - YES you are DREAMING!

I would love the challenge of Ariel refuelling in the sim.

• See this:

KC 10 Animated refueling jet to follow - Flight-Sim.org
    Here is a KC 10 to follow and pretend to refuel .here is the start location around here. Extract file to ;-C:\Users\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery\places…
    flight-sim.org

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries