PS5 Game Controller Support

• Dear Jet-Pack (IPACS)

I bought a PS5 DualSense to use with the coming soon Aerofly FS 4.

I hope it will be ok?

Regards

I also suppose that the PS5 DualSense controller should work with it on Mac?

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)
    X-Plane 12 | ToLiSS A320neo | BetterPushback
    iPad | Navigraph | WebFMC

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by FrankLFRS into this post. (June 5, 2022 at 7:01 AM).

• I bought a PS5 DualSense to use with the coming soon Aerofly FS 4.

Why you didn't buy a joystick like Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? It's much cheaper and better than PS5 controller.

Regards,

PLΛY

PC: RTX 3070, Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD,

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 512 GB

Flight Simulators: Aerofly FS 2, X-Plane 11, X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020

My Youtube Channel https://youtube.com/@P_L_A_Y

• IMO it would be best if each user created scenery is checked for errors in the tm.log and can then be verified by other users. A clean and error free updated version of the user made airport or scenery could then be uploaded and it's not much work for everyone involved.

In principle, I fully agree with it. But it also needs detailed information in advance and not only afterwards, as well as active support from IPACS when there is a need.

Also I hope that IPACS is actively engaged in a community which also creates freeware addons in the future.

• Why you didn't buy a joystick like Logitech Extreme 3D Pro? It's much cheaper and better than PS5 controller

To have something more wearable and also useful for other things. If I could I would have made without.

MacBook Pro | M1 Pro | Thrustmaster Captain Airbus Edition | DualSense (for travel)

• To have something more wearable and also useful for other things. If I could I would have made without.

Do you mean you want to play games on a mac? :D

Regards,

PLΛY

Setup: Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and Saitek Throttle

• Do you mean you want to play games on a mac? :D

Never laugh at your own jokes.

Whatever, I don’t play games. Today, games on Mac is no longer a question of power but a question of interest from the editors and also a question of market. Within 10 years, 50% of the computers at work will be a Mac (USA). So market will change…

I’d like to thank IPACS by the way and the other editors like them to not only thinking making money only on Windows.

• Regarding controllers, I can recommend the Xbox Wireless Elite 2, albeit with dongle (with bluetooth, I experienced occasional connection losses, maybe due to BT headphones connected at the same time). The Elite 2 features four additional paddles on the lower side of the controller. Using software like reWASD, you can assign any button to these paddles (by default, they are just duplicates of standard controller buttons).

I have aileron and elevator trimming on those paddles, and its great!

The Elite2 has some other cool features as well, like adjustable stick force, and interchangable sticks.

I have no clue what the PS5 controller features, but I doubt Aerofly can make use of the touchpad and the gyro, or does it?

• It is one of the controllers natively supported by all Apple devices.

So are you just buying it because Apple supports it? Do you have actually no real reason or need for that?

Regards,

PLΛY