R-22 rotor and engine RPM

• I’m new to all this flight sim computer world. I did my helicopter training in the R-22 and am very impressed by the modeling in Aerofly FS2.

One thing that immediately seems off though is the Engine/Rotor RPM. They are both sitting at the top of the yellow as opposed to in the green governed range. Is that how it is to everyone else? I have a puma dual throttle collective and if I tweak one of them I can bring it into the green on the ground but I don’t think that should be affecting things, nor should that be the fix. The governor should keep things in the green under normal circumstances. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• The throttle has to be set to 50% otherwise the governor target RPM is increased. Twist your throttle to adjust RPM to normal values.

I tried this and it brings RPM into the governed range on the ground but as soon as you pull collective the rotor RPM droops again as if the governor is not actually governing and you have a manual throttle. Does it hold in the green throughout the collective range for you?

• Official Post

I tried this and it brings RPM into the governed range on the ground but as soon as you pull collective the rotor RPM droops again as if the governor is not actually governing and you have a manual throttle. Does it hold in the green throughout the collective range for you?

Yes it does. Did you set the governor switch on after starting the engine?

Per default, with no throttle assigned and only collective lever assigned, starting on the runway or helipad ready for takeoff it works great for me. Maybe the manual throttle input causes issues? But as far as I know it should be overwritten by the governor.