Cayman Islands issues

• I just tested it, on my Mac the download and unzip works exactly as it should. :/

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Now as we have a dedicated thread I would like to help douglas55 to get the Cayman Islands running.

[quote] Spoke too soon, all the roads and elevation are missing, everything else is there but ground scenery.[unquote]

There are no roads, just the images. Also no elevation, as stated by ZoSoChile, otherwise it would have an elevation folder.

For PC the structure is as follows: C:\Users\PC\Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\cayman_islands_v1 and there are the folders airports, images and places.

However I am not familiar with the Mac world and my understanding is that douglas55 has a Mac. Can someone else with the necessary knowledge jump in, please?

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• I saved the files on my Mac (Steam version) here:

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/airports/na/ky/...
    • /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/images/na/ky/...
    • /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/places/na/ky/...

For elevation, I use the file (file-id 702) provided by vogel69 on Oct 19, 2019.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• I've moved on from this Cayman Islands thing. Not gonna bother, FS4 is just around the corner next week so no need to deal with it.

Understandable if you have moved on.

As our private message shows, you might actually have an odd bug on your end, or the installation is still incorrect.

I will post the install instructions since it might be beneficial for others.

There are two official ways this install structure will work.

Last thing to verify and check would be to make sure you see these folders after 'cayman_islands_v1'

1. Documents\Aerofly FS 2\addons\scenery\cayman_islands_v1

Edit: Original download does not have 'elevation' folder. I added this for testing purposes.

2. SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 2 Flight Simulator\addons\scenery\cayman_islands_v1

Edit: Original download does not have 'elevation' folder. I added this for testing purposes.

If these paths do not work, then something else is wrong or not working.

Logically you could take all of these folders within 'cayman_islands_v1' and place them within

3. Documents\Aerofly FS 2\scenery

However, you would have to create parent folders and rename them with proper naming convention.

This can be done but requires proper understanding Aerofly FS 2 folder structuring.

• Do you only have the problem with this scenery? Is this the first scenery you try to install? If other scenery works, I don't understand why this one doesn't. The structure and content are always the same.