• Hello,

I use Aerofly FS simulator software to build hardware simulator which recreate full forces on stick in different phase of fly.

For now, I use FS2 version which provide the SDK which allow me to read data ex. airspeed.

I would try to do the same with FS4 but unfortunately it does not work. My dll library try to connect with FS4 when plane start fly (and probably data start send) the erros occurs.

I tryed to find any help and information on Aerofly official forum but nobody could solve my problem.

I would like to ask you for help and information how can I read flying data (like altitude, airspeed, ...) using external dll library (like in FS2).

• It seems some messages have changed in the new version, I also waiting for an updated version to port my current fs2 based plugin over.

• Hello Jet-Pack (IPACS) ,

Is there anything new about the FS4 DLL? Developers have been waiting a long time for a reliable DLL update and documentation to interface with the hardware.

Please do something for us who want to use FS with external hardware and software.

Thank you very much, regards

• Hi aenbacka,  Peixsoft, qwrfvbnrj5hr:

Are you still having problems using the last published external DLL interface with AFS4 (from December 2019)?

What problems are you having? Maybe I can help.

Regards,

Karl

Hello,

My issue is that some messages (e.g., NearestAirport) does not seem to be received same way in Aerofly FS4 as in FS2. I have code relying on getting this info, and it is broken in the new version.

• My issue is that some messages (e.g., NearestAirport) does not seem to be received same way in Aerofly FS4 as in FS2. I have code relying on getting this info, and it is broken in the new version.

The SDK of 12/2019 exposes Aircraft.NearestAirport (0x6b0fc8827e6289ea) as a tm_msg_data_type::String8 - the icao of the airport.

The same value is sent by AFS4 as id 0xa997b8cdd488c3c7 also as a tm_msg_data_type::String8. AFS4 sends the lon/lat of the airport as id 0xfb26c904a49032df of type tm_msg_data_type::Vector2d.

• The SDK of 12/2019 exposes Aircraft.NearestAirport (0x6b0fc8827e6289ea) as a tm_msg_data_type::String8 - the icao of the airport.

The same value is sent by AFS4 as id 0xa997b8cdd488c3c7 also as a tm_msg_data_type::String8. AFS4 sends the lon/lat of the airport as id 0xfb26c904a49032df of type tm_msg_data_type::Vector2d.

Thanks a lot for that info :) Hopefully the header file would be updated at some point.