Installing Aircraft repaints, and getting them to work

• So I've been trying to install aircraft repaints, I put it in the correct aircraft file, and when I open Aerofly it shows up, but when I actually spawn in, it just shows one of the default liveries, am I doing something wrong?

Speaking of SDKs, and aircraft repaints, I need some help trying to install these liveries for FS2, I put them in the respective folders, for example:

Earlier today I downloaded a livery for the MB339, I put it in the Mb339 folder, I opened FS2, it showed the livery when I was selecting it in the aircraft menu, but when I spawn in, it's one of the default liveries, am I doing something wrong?

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by Parkview_Spotter into this post. (July 1, 2022 at 6:48 AM).

• Official Post

User made liveryies should be installed into the user folder directory in user documents Aerofly FS 2 folder, aircraft and then into a new folder with the name of the aircraft, in this case mb339.

If the livery still uses the repaint.tmr file you need to change it to the new option.tmc file. Thanks for the link ApfelFlieger

• This is the 6-line-content of option.tmc:

Code
    <[file][][]
        <[object][][]
            <[string8][Description][user_livery_name]>    // please use a good user_livery_name
            <[string8][Type][repaint]>
        >
    >

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Official Post

This is the 6-line-content of option.tmc:

Code
    <[file][][]
        <[object][][]
            <[string8][Description][user_livery_name]>    // please use a good user_livery_name
            <[string8][Type][repaint]>
        >
    >

The Description parameter can be any text including spaces. E.g. "Red Stars" or "Blue Waves",... That is what the user sees in the sim with the livery selected.

• In FS2, I (Mac user) have the liveries for the Learjet here:

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/aircraft/lj45/...

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries