Constantly crashing on initializing screen

• Good evening,

I just purchased AFS4, but after now 2 hours of trying to atleast reach the main menu I will try to get some help here.

Everytime I press start on Steam the initializing screen appears, the loading graphic moves one time and then nothing happens anymore - crashed. I meet all system requirements except for the 4gb vram, I only have 2gb, but nonetheless I should be able to atleast reach the main menu, right? ^^

• Official Post

Could you please either post or send us via email your tm.log file to mail(at)ipacs.de. A 2 GB graphic card is NOT sufficient for Aerofly FS 4! But we can say more if we see the log.

Please go to your documents Aerofly FS 4 folder C:\Users\..\Documents\Aerofly FS 4

and open the tm.log file with a text editor. There are probably error messages at the end of the file.

Please send us that tm.log file as an attachment here in the forums or via email, you may have to pack it as a zip file first to be able to upload and attach it to your post here.

Then, in the same folder, open the main.mcf file (if there is one) with a texteditor and change

<[bool][graphics_use_vulkan][true]> from true to false and save the file.

Aerofly should then start in OpenGL mode.

• tm.log attached

Then, in the same folder, open the main.mcf file with a texteditor and change

<[bool][graphics_use_vulkan][true]> from true to false and save the file.

Aerofly should then start in OpenGL mode.

There is no main.mcf file in my FS4 documents folder.

• Thank you very much admin, the change to OpenGL solved the problem! I may have some small stutters here and there, but generally it runs pretty well on medium settings :)

• I have the same problem, I downloaded the game and it is stuck on the initializing screen.

I‘ve tried to go to the tm log but there is no main.mcf file. Is it possible to change it to OpenGL without the file ?

Every answer helps thank you!!

• I have the same problem, I downloaded the game and it is stuck on the initializing screen.

I‘ve tried to go to the tm log but there is no main.mcf file. Is it possible to change it to OpenGL without the file ?

Every answer helps thank you!!

There must be a main.cf

MSFS | X-Plane 11.5x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3200 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2

• Well. My guess, if main.mcf is missing, the sim will not run.

Check your users My Documents folder if there is an Aerofly FS 4 folder.

MSFS | X-Plane 11.5x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3200 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2

• New
    • Official Post

If the main.mcf is missing Aerofly will create a new file just like it does for the very first start and just like it does for the tm.log file...

It looks like the user name contains ( and ) characters, which might be the cause of this issue. Switching to OpenGL is not going to resolve this, it looks like Aerofly FS 4 is not able to write the main config file for some reason or crashes before it does.

Please contact our support team at https://www.aerofly.com/support/contact/