Aerofly FS4 - My thoughts

• I was really anxious to see something moving around Aerofly. I have not had a civil sim until now that worked in VR like AF2 did. For being a complete simulation for my offline training, I always felt that something was missing. The other nag was that the Switzerland DLC did not really provide an up to date sim experience like IRL. In 2020 I bough a sim with very high hopes and in 2022 VR is neither smooth nor textures are in a Switzerland Professional quality which I used to have in 2009.

Here my feedback - first off all, great job. Overall impression for me is excellent. I did a flight around Tenerife, where I grew up and I was very happy to see that the GCTS airport is no longer bumpy and you will not fall into invisible holes on the runway.

The good

• Objects and forrest are looking good. I like the powerline mast around LSZP. It sembles the reality there when landing.
    • Frames in VR at full Reverb G2 resolution - stutterfree.
    • Clarity of the cockpits, superbe
    • My old repaints work
    • Traffic, nice gimmick without performance impact

What does not really convince me

• Texture resolution of the Canary Island is really low level. It is quite unsharp and mushy. Washed out.
    • Mesh of Tenerife is probably around 76m+ The Teide is quite flat
    • Switzerland textures apart from being low resolution, are before 2003, a bit recolred from the old Switzerland DLC, but from the same age.
    • Weather, or not weather. Inexistant. POINT. no improvement in this area. Wettergeraet works as before
    • Traffic. Nice to have it, Odd to have non HB rgistrations at a Swiss regional airport.

For me, the biggest dissapointment -> Switzerland ground textures and missing VFR reference points.

I have no problem if I have to pay for a Swiss DLC and addtional 180 bucks. This is the price Switzerland Professional was tagged for FSX at that time, but please give me a 10m mesh and 4k photo textures from 2020 onwards

Tomorrow I will fly more, will see what else we find ;)

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• I really enjoy what IPACs has done with the major addition of airports, the cultivation is very well done from what I've seen in quite a few of my favorite areas.

While in VR, the new airport lights have an extremely short render distance. They do not luminate unless you are within 110 -130 meters.

The water masking feels rushed and does not appear as smooth as Aerofly FS2.

Hopefully they receive a touch up in the future.

Example:

Aerofly FS2 vs Aerofly FS4 - Florida Keys GIF

• About the only improvement I've found so far is that in VR I can finally see my landing lights, lol! Otherwise I don't see any obvious improvements to FS2. Would it have been too hard to at least add street lighting and a little ground animation? Also, VR performance is down quite a bit. I'd estimate it's down at least 20%. Hopefully this will improve over time but right now I just feel I've made a donation rather than a purchase.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• After having installed the High Res Textures of the Canary Island which I had from Simmarket, I must say, that IPACS has done an outstanding job with regards to GCTS, GCXO and the cultivation. It is looking awesome.

Same for the cultivation of Switzerland. This is really looking authentic. A pitty that this highlight is being diminished by the textures and airports lack.

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator\scenery\elevation\Custom\Tenerife

• There are issues in La Gomera airport, as the ramp/apron is completely sheer

• Rolling takeoff from the ramp? XD

Yes, in El Hierro GCHI i can report the same issue. You do roll backwards into the ocean ;)

• Corse aufter adding the Photo Textures - awesome

• I have been jumping around quite a while.

My feeling is that if I compare to X-Plane, where you get a worse ground imagery, but with OSM all over the place, AFS4 does seriously add more value, for Europe. Even using only lowres textures provided with the cultivation on top, it looks nicer than in XP11.

To add photo textures below, a lot of them do already exist, is a great and easy way to extend the sim. IPACS should support this area more in order to generate photo content.

Cultivation of Europe is not complete. There are areas which are not covered. I hope that this gets fixed.

I hope that IPACS adds Cultivation, Mesh and Objects for other continents too or at least gives us an simple and easy way to generate Cultivation ourselfs. I believe that there are a few very skilled people in this forum to do so.

The ability to add custom airports is gone, which is not really great. I cannot see an commercial vendors showing interest. There is no content to be expected. So, please IPACS give us the tools back to generate airports for the community.

TriSoft, FranceVFR, ORBX and Aerosoft have abandoned the ship.

With this, Lukla Mount Everest, Boston Area, Skiatos, and France Airports will be dead

• Where did you find this Cessna livery ?

HB-CGB - Flight-Sim.org
    HB-CGB Aircraft based in LSZG and belonging to the Flugschule Birrer
    flight-sim.org

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• We have updated a few spots here and there in Europe with better elevation data. However we do not have 10m data for all of Europe, only selected regions. We intend to improve this in future updates.

At present, AF4 does not provide elevation documents to the north of Canada, and does not achieve global elevation. Will you add global elevations in future versions so that players can develop their own landscapes in these areas?

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

• I have noticed that myself. We’re on our own gentlemen from here on in. It’s up to the content creaters (users) to keep it a niche SIM experience.

I think that the sceneries converted from FS2 to FS4 will be available soon.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries