Aerofly FS4 - My thoughts

• A few impressions after updating the aerial images from Swiss Geoportal

LSZP

LSZB

LSZG

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Official Post

Well I've received a different reply in the past so maybe they just didn't communicated or discussed their intents internally. I wouldn't put a nail in that coffin or read too much into that reply, especially because I've already converted their aircraft and they are actually working in Aerofly FS 4...

• I feel the changes are not sufficient yet to switch from Aerofly FS2. I will still use my custom scenery with FS2, which works nicely. When helicopter stuff like slingloading and improved SDK is added I will reconsider. I would have assumed those features had been added as they are already existing in the pro version.

• Regarding the first external videos on Youtube I was quite sceptical ..... The objects seemed not to be state of the art, ground textures did not convince me etc....

Nevertheless something "inside me" said "Give it a try" and so I spend 67 Euro for the bundle....

.... and i do not regret any cent of it!!!!

I see a lot of efforts put into this new version, e.g. cultivation in a lot more countries than before, the houses look better than in the previous version, windmills and high-voltage-pilons all over the map, a smoother performance than before, the sims starts very quickly once all new files are registered, my All-TIme-Favourite-Airplane Ju 52 etc.......

Keep going and give us more hi-res-ground-textures and interesting addons. And maybe 3d party developers will follow - who knows.

Once again I love this sim.

P.S.: User created ground images work perfectly in this version

Edited once, last by Hichecker (July 8, 2022 at 2:25 PM).

• Irgendwie nice ;)

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• I have X-plane, MSFS, P3D, AFS2 and power and storage and web connection enough to play any of them. Still i very much like this new version AFS4. Very fluid, instant start, sharp image.

Default cultivation in AFS4 is very impressive when you combine it with hi-res images. For testing I took the excellent Paris from IZ0JUB, and Hamburg from Schnuffeluffel.

I also want to thank them and every freeware contributor for these addons!

So the sim is far from perfect out of the box, but it has very powerful engine which is very capable if fed with good hi-res images. Much better looks vs performance than AFS2 and those other sims. I think that the new AI traffic is quite nice already, of course lights and contrails, ground traffic etc would be nice.

Sim also need better weather systems some way of shining water and more. But overall it is already so well done, that I really hope enough buyers and development.

I also use FS-Chatter for ATC sounds by choosing right controller in different phases of flight.

I like it better than any default ATC or Addon ATC (i have several) for my purpose, because i am too lazy to follow exact protocol in short sim sessions. I just want to have the feeling of air traffic around me. And those default ATC systems of other sims are very repetitive and limited anyway.

So i am playing this sim when i want to relax with flying without unpleasant surprises, which often come with other sims :)

• Well I've received a different reply in the past so maybe they just didn't communicated or discussed their intents internally. I wouldn't put a nail in that coffin or read too much into that reply, especially because I've already converted their aircraft and they are actually working in Aerofly FS 4...

Please tell me with what trick I can make my C152 and the Arrow work in FS4.

• Official Post

Please tell me with what trick I can make my C152 and the Arrow work in FS4.

The aircraft are not compatible. You need the original files to convert them to FS 4, so only Just-Flight can do that. The trick is to just wait. The sim has only been out 4 days, try to enjoy our large fleet of aircraft in the meantime :)

• Mit ein wenig Mesh und High Res Fotos gibt as durchaus ein perfektes Resultat. Die Autogen (Cultivation) sidn Standard AFS4