LOD performance hit

• First many thanks : great work ! I love this new version :love:

Just wanted to report that it seems to me the display distance (LOD related to distance) should be a setting in the sim (maybe it does exist but I did not found it)

The reason is I saw a great performance hit looking at the horizon despite I had incredibly good performances looking to the ground even to a quite large distance. So it seems to me the sim displays details far in the distance that I can barely see myself, but with the cost of a quite 50% performance hit !

Anyway it is "just to let you now" : Sim works great "out of the box" :thumbup:

• Is anybody else having an Issue with the Game crashing upon opening it?

When I first installed it, all the graphics settings were set to medium, and I set my Textures to high, as I played on High in FS2, and now it won't open.

I tried reinstalling it to see if it would reset the graphics settings, so I could at least get into the main menu, but it seems it remembers from before I uninstalled it.

• I don't know where to post this so I'm posting it here.......

I'm getting a slight stuttering in the graphics as I'm flying even with the slow pace of the EC-135. I haven't a clue how to fix this. What graphics setting am I missing...?

• Official Post

Is anybody else having an Issue with the Game crashing upon opening it?

When I first installed it, all the graphics settings were set to medium, and I set my Textures to high, as I played on High in FS2, and now it won't open.

I tried reinstalling it to see if it would reset the graphics settings, so I could at least get into the main menu, but it seems it remembers from before I uninstalled it.

Remove your "C:\Users\...\Documents\Aerofly FS 4\main.mcf" file to reset the settings.

Aerofly FS 4 has a higher GPU demand and if you previously had Aerofly FS 2 on high you should now go to medium. Ultra should only be selected with really good graphics cards and all settings are shifted towards newer hardware.

Regards,

Jan

• Just to confirm that it stutters a bit compared to AFS2 but with a RTX3080, in VR (rendering 1), it's always enjoyable in Ultra.

French Simer and Helicopter / Airplane Private pilot

Conf: AMD 5800x3D 32G Nvidia RTX4090 / Hardware cockpit with G1000 Simionic PFD MFD, OEXAM EC135 Cyclic, OEXAM Collective and pedals. Hotas Thrusmaster / WMR HP Reverb G2