How to transfer sceneries from FS2 to FS4?

• admin:

How to transfer sceneries from FS2 to FS4?

My tests with VHHH (Hong Kong International) so far show:

The images files can be taken over 1:1.
    • airports:
      Unfortunately, the 1:1 transfer does not work for the airport files. I have found that the tsc files in FS4 are coded differently than in FS2 and can not be read by me with a text editor reasonably.
      Since no airport was displayed in FS4, I read the tm.log. This shows as error that a file vhhh.wad is needed.
      I have now renamed the vhhh.tsc in vhhh.wad -- and then was in FS4 the airport VHHH marked and with in-out-zooming I cold even see the two runways. But the positions for takeoff and landings as well as for parking are not present.
      Then I tried to enter a flight route, which surprisingly even worked. Only, unfortunately, I could not then transfer this to an airplane, I think the starting position is missing. The green frames for the route were displayed.
      The objects like buildings and static aircraft can also be seen.
    • elevation:
      Here I have not found out anything yet.
    • places/cultivation:
      Here I have not found out anything yet.

I think it would be useful if we could get instructions as soon as possible on how to adopt the many sceneries from FS2.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

Edited once, last by ApfelFlieger (July 5, 2022 at 11:42 AM).

The images files can be taken over 1:1.

At least I can use then the high res images from the canary islands which I got on simmarket and reuse them. Where do you plase these files?

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• AFS4 does not read the custom folder variable, so i created in the sturcture of the scenery folder a custom folder and added the canary islands with the ultra high res ground images. works perfectly well.

I tried the same with the images from Lofoten project. works too.

What does not work is to add the cultivation of the Lofoten. Looks like this is not straight forward

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• So here we go. The Part in Bold is what I craated by myself

Lofoten works - Place all images folders in this tree. No airports, no places folders please.

...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\Custom\no

The canaries from Taburet go like this

...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\Custom\Tenerife

Balearic Islands

You can extract the two folders directly and enjoy a fully highres Balearic photo ground. Since cultivation is already provides, this works like a charm

...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\Custom\Iberia01

I cannot get the cultivation back to work in the areas IPACS did not provide cultivation. While on the canaries we do have cultivation, Norway was left out.

• Quite a difference in the surroundings of LEPA

• I do it on my Mac with FS4 as I did with FS2, and I don't need a "customer" folder: :/

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/...
      .../images/continent/country/... :)
    • /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery/...
      .../images/continent/country/... :)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Thank you heaps guys for working this stuff out. I have Izojub Australian scenery now up in my sim. (I could not even get the sim working before but that is a different story). I was thinking that I would have to wait till some FS4 stuff was developed but thanks to you guys not. :)

• admin Have you developed a converter that can convert AF2 encoding to AF4 encoding? Or does everything need to be redone? If not. For older Aerofly which already has many high quality mods. That would be a disastrous setback. :(

貴方の運命は、すでに我が手中の糸が絡めとった!:saint:<3

• Thanks Dieter,

I'm still having problems with the orbx files though. It's the Netherlands one, has anyone had any luck using it with FS4? I've copied the images file to here:

H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator\scenery\images\custom\orbx_ftxnld\nl

• Auch dafür gab es bei mir eine Lösung.

Hatte leider meine erstellten images für Innsbruck in den Ordner ORBX Innsbruck kopiert. Auch diese Szenerie reagierte nun mit Abbruch. Also suchte ich nach Fehlern innerhalb dieser Szenerie/images. Und siehe da, hier gab es teilweise Dateierweiterungen "_mask", die ich einfach löschte durch umbenennen der entsprechenden Datei.

Jetzt wird mir unter FS 4 auch Innsbruck in z20 Textur wieder dargestellt, natürlich auch mit VR!

Gruß Dieter

• I would not recommend to copy anything into the ...\steamapps\common\Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator folder.

Use

...\Documents\Aerofly FS 4\scenery\images\orbx

instead.

That way your user files will not be affected by Steam.

However orbx-nl also crashed for me to the desktop since the latest version 4.00.03.05

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 4 times, last by TomSimMuc (October 1, 2022 at 4:46 PM).