Missing high res textures

• Even the UK images gain resolution if user orthos are installed.

Here a comparison of IPACS orthos and IZ0JUBs Isle of Wight (1m)

AFS4 with IPACS standard cultivation - quite impressive!

AFS2 with user cultivation - and MUCH longer loading time.

Conclusion:

Have the best of both worlds:

AFS4 with user orthos in addition.

Cheers, Thomas

Edited 3 times, last by TomSimMuc (July 7, 2022 at 11:00 AM).

• Enetering the Mach loop

You can make them all more crispy by adding the available wales textures

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Even the UK images gain resolution if user orthos are installed.

Here a comparison of IPACS orthos and IZ0JUBs Isle of Wight

Thanks for that, TomSimMuc. I'm seeing the same as your first two, so, as I suspected, what they consider hi-res is very different to what I consider hi-res. In my mind, that second shot (which is what I see), is VERY low-res. Honestly, if I'd know that was the quality of the "hi res" textures, I likely wouldn't have bothered. If we need to use our own textures, what's the point?

But thanks for the clarification. I can now at least stop looking into why I don't have them lol ;(

• Enetering the Mach loop

You can make them all more crispy by adding the available wales textures

Thanks for those Martin - I think I've established the problem from Tom's post above, but thanks for the additional comparison. I must've got spoilt from "other sims" but these don't seem hi-res to me. And if we need to provide our own textures, then I really don't think this is for me any more. I'll keep tinkering - I can't help myself, but I'm pretty disappointed so far.

• I see the use of the user-images more as can or may and not as must. :) Already with FS2 I liked to use the user images, why should I not do that with FS4 anymore, since I have them all? :/ In total, I have 1.14 TB. ;( 8)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Yep, totally get that's absolutely fine for those who want to do it. I was after a good out-of-the-box experience, and I'm not getting one, hence my disappointment.

Also depends on the type of flying we're doing - I'm doing low and slow in helo's so every imperfection pops out at me. I'd notice it less having a blast along in a fast yet.

• Especially for low altitude helicopter flying (which is also my thing) I find the user images very good, both on FS2 and FS4. 8)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• As I have a lot of splendid sceneries worldwide made by enthousiast makers for AFS2, will there be available a kind of conversion-tool to make these sceneries usuable in AFS4. As I readed in several posts about, I think only the image-files are fully compatible, right?

I have also raised same question to Orbx in their forum for their sublime made Addon's in the past for AFS2.

Considering the relative high priced successor I remain using AFS2 until some of above mentionned sceneries are also available in full usage for AFS4.

Looking forward to any suggestion about, thank you.

PC-Specs: i7-3930K - 32GB RAM - GTX1070ti 8GB - 2TB SSD + 1TB SSD + 2x3TB HDD

Laptop Specs: i7-9750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 max-Q 8GB - 2x 1TB NVMe SSD + 2TB SSD

• At the moment, in my own experience, the images are fully compatible and the elevation should be according to Jet-Pack (IPACS) .

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• I think only the image-files are fully compatible, right?

Elevation files do work too, but i have some reservation here. I would not use them in areas where there is mesh and cultivation supplied by AFS4. I tested this on the canary islands. I started to see floating objects. If no mesh is supplied, this is certainly a good way to make use of it.

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• So do we just copy the images folder from the various free sceneries to the images folder in FS4? (Plus elevation if there is any).

Thats what i did

MartinM
    July 5, 2022 at 1:47 PM

• Not good for Gomera, Hierro and La Palma airport. Tenerife works.

• So do we just copy the images folder from the various free sceneries to the images folder in FS4? (Plus elevation if there is any).

I have all user files on my Mac in the folder

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/...
      and there separated in
      • ...airports
      • ...elevation
      • ...images
      • ...places

So it is very easy for me to copy images from

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 2/scenery/images

to

• /Users/username/Library/Application Support/Aerofly FS 4/scenery/images

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: