NAVDATA - Error reports

• LSZG Runway 06/25, Route Planning allows only 07/25 as selection. Thats the old data

LSZP Runway 04/22, Route planning only allowing 05/23

Please fix

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• That’s why some routes and arrivals are a bit off in FS2, the local magnetic variations have moved on from the old database so the current routes don’t line up. We need user editable data for our favourite areas. There is also a bit of error where true and magnetic are not chosen right.

• Official Post

Our entire nav database and airports use true heading internally so magnetic variation should not be a factor. Magnetic variation is added when displaying a value on screen - so we can change the magnetic field without destroying our nav data.

If you find airports where the true runway heading of the airport and of the navigation runway or inbound course don't line up - and it's not an offset LOC for example - please report them to us, we can inspect them.

The different runway identifiers are the result of many years of development, some identifiers have changed during the time we've started modeling the airports and now.

Regards,

Jan

• If you do a route planning, it should not offer you non existent runways. I tried an IFR flight from GCTS to LSZH in the A320 and the MCDU does not allow me to switch approach to ILS14.

For real flights, I have Foreflight, GNS430 and G1000 available. I never have to choose a RWY 25 VOR or RNP approach just because the navdata is dated. I choose the correct approach RNP Rwy 24 or VOR Rwy 24.

Since the scenery has the updated airport marking, the navdata shall be up to date to.

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• Dear IPACS team,

FOR LEBL (Barcelona Airport) I have found nav data is not up to date because recently main runways (07/25) changed magnetic heading to (6/24). Can you revise it?

A few additional things I expect to be easy fixable:

• AI traffic on rwy 20. It is rarely used. Usually landing/departures are on rwy 6/24 and only landings in night operation is over rwy 02 due to noise reduction procedures from 23PM LT to 7AM LT
    • Heliport markings on the heli spots not shown (maybe my fault only?)
    • ILS lighting for CAT III not displaying. I mean the "christmas tree" pattern that should be visible on rwy 06L/24R at least.
    • RWY borders (white lines) on 02/20.

Finally, over the coast approaching 24L here is a kind of nuclear plant or so that doesn't exist in real life and sound strange as well as a wind turbine.

For the rest of Barcelona airport and the city the work performed is quite good, so I want to extend my congratulations to the team for the effort. :thumbup: