Before you break your Sim - We're working on new SDK tools

• Official Post

A new SDK for Aerofly FS 4 is coming soon!

It is understandable that you would like to transfer your previous user made content from Aerofly FS 2 over to Aerofly FS 4.

But we recommend holding off adding user content for now until the official Aerofly FS 4 SDK tools have been published.

We're in the process of updating our software development kit (SDK) for you, so that you can convert your own Aerofly FS 4 files.

Caution when using user-made Aerofly FS 2 files for the new Aerofly FS 4

Keep in mind that those two simulators do not work the same and that you could leave yourself vulnerable to crashes and that you're likely increasing your simulator start up times significantly and could cause your simulator to slow down because of many tm.log ERROR and WARNING messages being created.

We won't be able to reproduce any of your crashes or issues on our side when you have user-made content installed and thus cannot offer support.

Please remove all user made content (e.g. by renaming the user scenery folders) and see if your issues persist before contacting our support.

• Aircraft are not compatible
    • Cultivation files are not compatible
    • Airports are not compatible
    • Buildings and structures are not compatible
    • Images and elevation data are compatible (see note below)

Once the new SDK tools are available we'll explain what changes need to be made to existing scenery and aircraft to get them working in Aerofly FS 4.

A lot of the changes are quite small and do not require a lot of work on your side.

Using existing user-made Aerofly FS 2 images and elevation data for Aerofly FS 4

Requirements to get them working without issues

• Copy them over to a new user scenery directory.
      Do not use the "external_user_option" property in the main.mcd unless your existing folder contains only images and elevation data.
      Do not use the same folder if your directory has airports or cultivation files from Aerofly FS 2 in it.
    • Include all levels of detail (mip-maps) from level 9 down to the desired level (ideally 15).
      If you leave out just one level you will see our default images at certain distances and you'll see noticeable edges where they border your image tiles.

Where to install content correctly?

Please use your C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Aerofly FS 4\scenery\images and \elevation folders to install your images and elevation data. You can create subdirectory such as images\us to sort your images better.

Don't use the Steam installation folder! Anything you install in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ (or other Steam library folders) are managed by Steam and can be deleted by Steam at any time.

• Official Post

The Aircraft SDK and DR400 example aircraft are now available for Aerofly FS 4:

Jet-Pack (IPACS)
    July 8, 2022 at 5:27 PM
  • What about Justflight?

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

• As far as I know Krzysk has converted all of his models on GitHub

krzysk1 - Repositories
    krzysk1 has 60 repositories available. Follow their code on GitHub.
    github.com

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• As far as I know Krzysk has converted all of his models on GitHub

Thanks Jan. I am planning on starting to fly FS4 very soon. I guess the Concorde pulled me back into the fold.

Regards,

Ray