Aerofly FS 4 SDK - Now Available

• Before, on a Mac, it didn't matter if there was a distinction between upper and lower case letters in the directory names. I therefore had to make corrections in the files more often in the past. :(

In the same way, I promote the use of slash instead of backslash "for us Mac users" -- Windows has also been using slash for a long time. 8)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Official Post

@Matt: We didn't change anythingat the AC3D plugin besides making it compatible for AC3D 9. We will however check the SDK DR400 aircraft and see if something is not working.

As for lower/uppercase: You should of course ensure the names of 3D objects in AC3D match the names in the TMD, because this is indeed lower/uppercase sensitive. As for filenames, we strongly recommend to only use lower case letters.

• Is it ok to ask for information here related to the use of the SDK and plugins?

I've been trying out some ideas to try and get my props looking like your ones do on the 109 and Corsair for example. Not all progress was forward but in the end I was fairly happy with the result, but I couldn't say if what I did was the best solution. I created a bit of Prop root geometry sized to fit inside the prop blades (so scaled down slightly) so they shouldn't show when the prop is stationary and made it rotate with the spinner. I applied the blade shader

here is result...

Anyway it got me to thinking Is there any information available about what shaders to use in which situations so as to know the best data to put in the material field... I've no idea if this is still the best way to specify external glass for example... I notice with a lot of your models your using a normal texture instead of a specular one (along with a reflection one)... something I've been unable to replicate so far

Matt

• Can anyone send me the selcal_color.bmp for the A320.

How do I generate the preview file? The ones that I get from the aircraft converter are blank

X-Plane 12.x | DCS 2.5.7 | War Thunder | Aerofly FS4

Win11-x64 | Lenovo Legion T7 34LMZ5 | Intel i7-10700K @3.6GHz | Kingston FuryX RGB 32GB DDR4 PC3733 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 3TB M2 PCI 4x | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti Vision OC | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Reverb G2 V2 | Lenovo Legion Y25g-30 360hz

Edited once, last by MartinM (October 4, 2022 at 12:43 PM).

• I want to develop my own aircraft for Aerofly. I have installed the SDK and Blender. I was able to export a simple cube to Aerofly but It just shows a red STOP sign. I assume the textures are missing. How can I create those textures in Blender? And is there some step-by-step guide on how to develop an Aircraft like there is for other sims? Thanks in advance. Best Regards any merry Christmas to everyone...

• I noticed that there is a new aircraft converter sdk published on 20th October. It is really great!
    The problem is that generated previews only contain glass surfaces, no other parts are visible (also for the DR400). Is this a bug or something needs to be set?

Updated: config.tmc is readed correctly but then when generating the preview, the converter throws errors because it cannot find the shaders from installation folders

2.40-convert_aircraft: user folder: 'C:/Users/kkani/OneDrive/Dokumenty/Aerofly FS 4/'
    2.41-convert_aircraft: desktop folder: 'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Aerofly FS 4 Flight Simulator/'

Edited once, last by krzysk (October 22, 2023 at 2:46 PM).

• IPACS Support It would be nice if someone answered krzysk inquiry in view of all that he's contributed by way of aircraft add-ons to AFS

krzysk I'm not sure if I'm using same exporter as you but I did find it had a problem generating preview icons for repaints. With the stuff I did for the F18 I resorted to a thumbnail I created of the tailfins.

KR Matt

• We have updated the aircraft converter. You can get the current version here.

This should fix the issue with the broken preview image.

The new version uses Vulkan drivers instead of OpenGL. I had to change the graphics settings for selected GPU but it is working. The preview is generated but only one at a time. It is not possible to generate more reskins in one run as all memory is consumed in a short while and converter crashes. No matter which model

• In the model.tmc file you can add all folder names of your repaints to the Repaints property:

(e.g. "repaint1", "repaint2"...)

Code
    <[file][][]
        <[convert_model_settings][][]
            <[list_convert_target_settings][Targets][]
                <[convert_target_settings][element][0]
                    <[string8][Target][Desktop]>
                    <[list_string8][Repaints][ repaint1 repaint2 repaint3 ]>
  • In the model.tmc file you can add all folder names of your repaints to the Repaints property:

(e.g. "repaint1", "repaint2"...)

Code
    <[file][][]
        <[convert_model_settings][][]
            <[list_convert_target_settings][Targets][]
                <[convert_target_settings][element][0]
                    <[string8][Target][Desktop]>
                    <[list_string8][Repaints][ repaint1 repaint2 repaint3 ]>

I do have such repaints list - it is not issue. The newest converter generates only one preview.tif then crashes. The next converter launch generates another preview, then crash and the need for another launch, and so on. it is a memory leak for successive repaints