• Personally I have no owned a DVD player for 10 years and have not missed it since.

You can still by the DVD version for Aerofly FS 2 but we've changed the links to the new Aerofly FS 4, which is currently only available on Steam. It's much easier for us to update the software and to make fixes for the Steam version than any other form of delivery. If there are major issues we can still update Aerofly FS 2 but I don't expect there to be any new features to be added now that the major new sim is Aerofly FS 4.

Regards,

Jan

• the new Aerofly FS 4, which is currently only available on Steam. It's much easier for us to update the software and to make fixes for the Steam version than any other form of delivery.

I understand it makes a lot more sense to do final RTM testing via Steam, because you will be dealing with standardised installations of AFS.

I am happy to wait for a fully-sorted non-Steam install , preferably on DVD (s) or by a direct download. I am moving away from Windows to Linux, because of the way MS behave, and for similar reasons I want nothing to do with Steam either, but I do want AFS4, because I see AFS as the future of flight sims. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

MikeW