• You can do it - its a bit fiddly from the copilot seat (I use the change of view button set up on the xbox to swap between positions but flying from the copilot seat would probably make it easier). Some times you press on the screen and it seems to not respond (also the little lever at 11 oclock thatr switches between flap and trim) - just need to keep trying. When I was doing it 'the flight assistant' kept interfering and reversing my work - only just worked out how to turn off the flight assistant and set up the xbox to get full control of trim and flaps - it should work. On the xbox its actually the default settings. I got in trouble because I modified them. I believe I have changed the trim and flap succesfully (independent of each other) by rotating this wheel, but I am still working that bit out.

The wheel only seems to rotate freely when in elevator trim. When doing flaps its seems to only rotate a small way in either direction - not spin freely for long turns.

EDIT - on another topic - I am no warbird expert but have had some fun in the past with DC3 simulations, but was surprised to read about lighting and aviation circa 1930's before the war. Was surprised to discover that the first electric runway lights were 1930 in USA. That navigation- position lights - are of the period - I always assumed they came later. Seems warbirds had a complex system of lights including IFF, position and others, though strictly speaking the JU52 was not just a warbird but used long before the war, and after. Interesting period of aviation.

YES the ADF works, but boy is it tricky. Followed the instructions given here thanks. The knobs are tricky and knowing whether to turn clockwise CW or anticlockwise ACW without being able to read the screen is not easy but can be done. If you set up an NDB close to your position, you know your position relative to the NDB and fiddle around, you can work it out, which way the dial works that is, CW or ACW. I might draw my own ADF screen once I work it out for quick reference so it is easier to turn the dial in the right direction. The fewer the NDB's the easier it is of course. Not sure what its radio range is simulated here. I can imagine that if you end up near many NDB's it will be very hard to tell them apart without a clear dial reading. Fortunately NDBs aren't that many and are spread out. Right now its kindof educated guesswork, but it does work. Something to fiddle with whilst the copilot flies the plane... I tend to use the basic copilot functions (heading and attitude, speed) without a navigation route set. Not keen on his love affair with 20,000 feet - hard to breathe up there.

For anyone interested in recreating 1930's era flights in the Ju52 here are some online resources:

Old European Airways charts, based on NDBs

Historical radio beacons

Accident site with interesting info on old airfields like Croydon UK and the Ju52.

Aviation Safety Network > ASN Aviation Safety Database
    Aviation Safety Network: Databases containing descriptions of about airliner accidents, hijackings and military aircraft accidents.
    aviation-safety.net

Old airline timetables going back before 1930's

Airline Timetable Images - List of Airlines

Favourite album: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

My ride: MB339, B744, Aerofly FS Global, Ipad Pro 2022/11 1TB ipadOS17

XBox Series X/S wireless controller (model 1914)

Edited 4 times, last by HKATER (July 15, 2022 at 11:16 PM).