FS4 VR Bug Reports

• It would be nice if there was a common FS4 VR bug report section. It's early access so there are bound to be lots and it would be good to identify these bugs and squash then as fast a possible imho.

I've currently played just over 4 hours with FS4 (long time FS2 user btw) in VR with my Vive Pro1 and Quest 2 (wireless with Air Link). Once I got my flight sticks setup and settings finetuned I'm very happy with FS4, except for not being able to import the many FS2 DSL's and user addons I have (which hopefully will be available in the near future) there are a few things that bother me;

- the VR startup screen wobbles around. Also, with my Q2, using Vulcan in Oculus mode it says that the headset it not supported (although it works, but not any better than using SteamVR).

- controller setups do not allow for 2 or 3-way toggle switches (like rc8/9) so you need to toggle these to get on/off. Axis works fine but you cannot invert the response.

- location labels show up well if you have selected these in the options to show them and you can toggle them on/off. If you toggle them off you can't toggle them on again if you change locations. You need to go into settings and hide, then show them again.

- I occasionally lose my PC mouse and also when I hit ESC it does nothing. I either need to use my controller options to end the program and/or move my desktop mouse to my win10 taskbar and select the RF4 icon to put a blue bar (instead of white, that sometimes happens?) on my monitor's top window.

Anyway, all I got so far. Hopefully all Early Access things that will get fixed in the near future. Overall, I'm really enjoying the much faster loading times with FS4 and am looking forward to see it progress further. Cheers.

Edit( also rotating cumulus clouds, lol!

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

Edited once, last by TomC RLG (July 11, 2022 at 1:30 PM).

• Tom that is interesting, it’s great that VR is already usable in FS4. I am looking at VR for the first time having not gone beyond Google Cardboard 3D.

Could you spare me a minute or two please, how does Quest 2 clarity and effective resolution compare with a 1440p or higher monitor, I’m considering hardware upgrades and whether I would really need a very high resolution monitor as well as a possible 1,800 to 2,000 pixel range VR set-up.

Does the Q2 128/256 GB memory choice matter for exclusively FS4 viewing?

• Tom that is interesting, it’s great that VR is already usable in FS4. I am looking at VR for the first time having not gone beyond Google Cardboard 3D.

Could you spare me a minute or two please, how does Quest 2 clarity and effective resolution compare with a 1440p or higher monitor, I’m considering hardware upgrades and whether I would really need a very high resolution monitor as well as a possible 1,800 to 2,000 pixel range VR set-up.

Does the Q2 128/256 GB memory choice matter for exclusively FS4 viewing?

If you are new to VR the us$299 Quest 2 128Gb is a good option to start off with imho. You need a pretty strong gaming pc to get the best PCVR results. Probably with at least a rtx3080 gpu to get approx 1080p visuals. Your pc monitor doesn’t make any difference.

Lots more info out there with some google and YouTube research. Maybe pm me next time rather than post off topic questions. Thanks.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro w/Air Link, Vive Pro

• Aerofly in VR with the Quest 2 runs fine on my pretty low spec game PC (see below)...
    The 128 GB version is fine, that memory is only used for Quest games, not for PCVR...
    Even a second hand 64GB Quest 2 will do fine.

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

• Sorry to dilute your original theme Tom but breaking into an established genre is brutal, 99% of what you look up is 100% irrelevant. Peter thanks too, knowledge from the Aerofly community is like gold dust. Both of you have been brilliant, thanks ++++.

• FS4 rolling clouds and inconsistent Location on/off labels got an update/fix today (4.0.1.9). Pretty fast response imho. Those FS4 developers are faster than a speeding bullet, lol! Thanks and cheers.

• Official Post

Hi Jan

The switches dońt work with the controllers , they work with the mouse.

It is possible to turn off the switches once , but then they no longer work.

Taxi LTS doesńt work either

OK, I've found one issue. But it's not CRJ specific... so theoretically you should also experience the same issues for the other airliners as well.

• Hello,

I am happy with FS4 but I'm experiencing a minor but annoying issue.

When playing in VR (Reverb G2) I can notice a small shift of the mouse pointer icon between the two eyes. This make difficult to center the pointer over the aimed switches.

Is there any setting I can try to adjust or is this a bug?

Many thanks.