VR controller pointer option

• Dear IPACS,

I am using HP reverb G2 headset with motion controllers via steamVR. So far so good but I noticed that if I can't physically reach a button in the cockpit with the motion controller there is no way to press or flip it.

Is it expected and option for reaching buttons inside the cockpit when is not physically feasible as for example when you are playing in a small room or for pressing mcdu buttons when you have a physical table and the mcdu seen in VR fits under that table in real life? Some kind of visible laser pointer to press non reachable switches as in other games would be definitely appreciated.

Regards

• Official Post

You should be able to move back with your chair a little bit then recalibrate the view for this new seating position. Then reaching the buttons should not be an issue. Personally I find the laser pointer thing quite immersion breaking. Then I am better off using a mouse which also works in VR in Aerofly by the way.

Regards,

Jan

• Thanks for the tip Jan, however is not the best option for me, as moving the chair leaves me far from the controllers. Maybe the mouse option seems more feasible to me.

However, if it is not a real hassle and after solving other major issues first, I think that you could implement the laser like pointer option and make it optional in control settings for those people that prefer this way of interaction like me.

Again many thanks for your work and your quick replies, very much appreciated.

• In AFS2: settings>controls>view>move or AFS4: controls>general>view>move you can assign buttons to move your body around in the VR cockpit.
    Works great for me....

Regards,

Peter Splinter

i5-7400@3,4 GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1660 Super, Pico 4, Quest 2 , 'Vintage' Pro Flight Trainer, X52 Pro, VKB pedals

Edited once, last by PjotR22 (July 16, 2022 at 3:46 PM).

• In AFS2: settings>controls>view>move or AFS4: controls>general>view>move you can assign buttons to move your body around in the VR cockpit.
    Works great for me....

Thanks for the tip. I tried but it moves slowly and only a small amount in total near your seat area. Is better than nothing of course, bu not really solving the problem.

Again I think that laser pointer option should be available to solve this but I understand won't be available in a near future. Again many thanks for your help!