Issue with prop condition levers on the Dash 8 Q400

• Trying out the new FS 4 with the Dash 8 and I noticed that the prop condition levers are not working correctly.

I have them assigned to two separate axes, one for each lever. When moving the axes the prop condition levers seem to have a mind of their own, always returning to the front most position regards of the position of the axes. This occurs until the axes are moved fully backwards and forwards through the the entire range after which they appear to function normally. Unfortunately doing that means that the Fuel Cutoff is engaged at some point - which is a bit of a bummer when in flight to be honest.

In FS 2 everything works as expected, with the condition levers moving to the correct positions in accordance with the position of the axes.

I'm using twin Thrustmaster Boeing throttle quadrants with the Prop Condition levers mapped to 2 axes the second quadrant. In the control assignments for twin props I've deleted all default assignments for the condition levers (there weren't any anyway) and mapped the axes that I need 2 or 3 times. The axes are detected and move correctly according to the indication within the control assignments.

I can retest using the Bravo throttle quadrant, but based on the correct detection and movement within the control assignments of the Boeing quadrants I suspect the problem will remain.

Many thanks for looking into this - it's my favourite commercial aircraft.

• I also use the Thrustmaster controllers exactly the same way. For me, it's enough to pull the conditioner levers back a little (about 25%) with the mouse and then "capture" them with the controllers by going MAX 1020 and START & FEATHER. This way I avoid the FUEL OFF.

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Jet-Pack (IPACS) , basically thanks for the changes for the Thrustmaster TCA Q-Eng 1&2 or 3&4. :)

Please adjust the control range for "Propeller speed 1/2" in the settings under "Controls / Multi Engine / Twin prop" so that the complete lever travel is usable:

- Pos 01: FUEL OFF = Lever fully back (Y 100%) = Reverse 100% = Button16

- Pos 02: START&FEATHER = Lever 1st intermediate (Y 75%) = Reverse 0% & Throttle 0%

- Pos 03: MIN 850 = Lever 2nd intermediate (Y 50%) = Throttle 25% = Button15

- Pos 04: 900 = Lever 3rd intermediate (Y 25%) = Throttle 75% = Button14

- Pos 05: MAX/1020 = Lever full front (Y 0%) = Throttle 100% = Button13

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

• That is already the case on our end. Please go to the controller device settings, reset your device and re-calibrate the device as well.

• I reset everything and recalibrated, but nothing has changed:

On the Q400, the positions of the two levers for "Propeller Speed 1/2" are only correct in the upper three positions (from top to bottom):

-- position 5 = MAX 1020

-- position 4 = 900

-- position 3 = MIN 850

Now the problem starts:

-- Position 2 = FUEL OFF ;(

But

-- Position 2 should be START & FEATHER :)

-- Position 1 should be FUEL OFF :)

To achieve START&FEATHER at the moment you must only pull the lever down very slightly away from position 3, otherwise the thrusters will shut down. ;(

The problem is that "Propeller Speed" need no Reverse but the whole way.

Actually the levers 3&4 have to run like the levers 1&2, there unites

-- position 1 = POWER 0 % (coming from above) & REVERS 0% (coming from below)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

• Official Post

Ah I see, you're trying to use the notches on the physical lever... If you move the lever slowly without letting it spring into one of the stops on the lever, does it work correctly?

You can actually remove these physical detents on the device by removing a screw on the bottom and removing one plastic part and turning it around. Then you have the full motion axis and it doesn't just allow you to set 5 positions anymore. Then its a proportional axis.

• Removing the notches I know, but unfortunately it does not solve the problem. :(

When on 3&4 Revers did not work (as it still is in FS2), the Propeller speed function fit exactly as it should (you could lock the lever lock open if you wanted). If you pull the lever back from the front this happens:

• in the first quarter from the top, the speed goes down from MAX/1020 to 900 :thumbup:
    • in the second quarter from the top the speed goes down from 900 to MIN/850 :thumbup:
    • in the third quarter from the top the speed goes from MIN/850 back to START&FEATHER :thumbup:
    • in the fourth quarter from the top the speed goes from START&FEATHER back to FUELL OFF :thumbup:

Now FS4 is missing the fourth quarter from the top:

• in the first quarter from the top the speed goes from MAX/1020 back to 900 :thumbup:
    • in the second quarter from the top the speed goes down from 900 to MIN/850 :thumbup:
    • in the third quarter from the top the speed goes from MIN/850 immediately to START&FEATHER and then back to FUELL OFF :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    • the fourth quarter from the top no longer exists ;(

A remedy is possible from my point of view, if at TwinProps the Propeller Speed is programmed comparable to Power. In both cases there are 5 positions.

With Power there are the positions (from top to bottom):

• Position 5 = Throttle-Axe (X/Y): 100%.
    • Position 4 = Throttle-Axe (X/Y): approx. 66%.
    • Position 3 = Throttle-Axe (X/Y): approx. 33%
    • Position 2 = Throttle-Axe (X/Y): 0% / Reverse-Axe (Reverse1/2): 0%
    • Position 1 = Reverse (Reverse1/2): 100%

This can be solved in exactly the same way for Propeller speed. 8)

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations: