Pls..... I want to fly in night

• I'm Korean Big Fan of Aerofly fs 2022. I want this game to grow bigger. Please update this game. I don't want something amazing. I want taxi light in android. I'm Samsung user. So i turned on the taxi light but i cant see well in night. ;( ;(

I'm not good at english. Sorry :) :)

Edited once, last by Jet-Pack (IPACS): Merged a post created by llWATERll into this post. (July 17, 2022 at 7:51 AM).

• llWATERll July 17, 2022 at 2:26 AM

Changed the title of the thread from “When???” to “Pls..... I want to fly in night”.
  • It is dark outside - you can't see anything. Some real life accidents have happened because of that. Sorry that old-chestnut never gets old :), he he.... You are right of course, humour aside, it would be awesome.

I do fly around at night some times currently and the airport lights from above look amazing.

Favourite album: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea

My ride: MB339, B744, Aerofly FS Global, Ipad Pro 2022/11 1TB ipadOS17

XBox Series X/S wireless controller (model 1914)

Edited once, last by HKATER (July 20, 2022 at 1:20 AM).

• It is dark outside - you can't see anything. Some real life accidents have happened because of that. Sorry that old-chestnut never gets old :), he he.... You are right of course it would be awesome.

I do fly around at night some times currently and the airport lights from above look amazing.

Commonly these crashes happened over sea if it was dark or midair collisions because you weren’t able to see the aircraft especially if it was cloudy.

• Good point by Fab001 but there have been some cases of 'sinking below terrain' on land and where I live at night in the air very little would be visible - very few lights at all, except the local airport and even that might be unlit most of the time. You would see isolated farmhouses and the local town but the rest, most of your field of view, I expect would be pitch-black. Don't know for sure - am not a pilot.

• Good point by Fab001 but there have been some cases of 'sinking below terrain' on land and where I live at night in the air very little would be visible - very few lights at all, except the local airport and even that might be unlit most of the time. You would see isolated farmhouses and the local town but the rest, most of your field of view, I expect would be pitch-black. Don't know for sure - am not a pilot.

I just say Alitalia Flight 404

• Interesting example - will look it up.

Guys if you haven't done a night flight yet in Aerofly mobile 2022 yet, you are missing out. In its present state it is pretty cool. I recommend a takeoff in the Corsair at Breighton UK (grass lit runway) in the pitch dark, no clouds, and return to land. The landing light illuminating the threshold just before you land (stabbing the darkness) is an experience. It's a great sim.

• For realistic simulated flight at night you need to plan ahead and only fly away from the airport environment at a height that you know will be over a thousand feet above obstacles on the ground. A night flying rating is a big upgrade over an initial private pilot’s licence and needs a lot more skill and preparation. For a simulated night flight you need to look at a paper chart or a site like SkyVector.com to see your route and the height of all the obstacles under and ten miles either side of your desired path. Returning to the airport you descend to the circuit height taking into account any local obstacles.

You do not use landing lights to reveal any low ground in your path, you would crash if you only can take avoiding action inside the distance that can be illuminated by landing lights. You avoid low ground by being aware of it in advance and passing over it at a safe altitude.

You do not need landing lights to land safely, no landing-light landings are taught and are expected in flight tests. The absence of landing lights in Android doesn’t really matter that much, it is pretty but that is all.

There are no towns and cities in mobile at night, no roads and traffic, no large unlit areas from lakes and forests to stand out, you will need an entered route in the navigation page or you will need to use the navigation aids to know where you are and when to make your turns.

The real test of your night flying skills would be a cross country flight in Switzerland. Berne at night has some interesting high ground just south of the airport, it also has good navigation aids and published blind flying instrument approach procedures to safely guide you in.