congratulations!!!

• HI

For such a small team to produce what in my opinion is as good if not better than all the flight sims out there i think they deserve some credit.

Yes i have all the flight sims, yes they all have faults and niggles, but the shear fluidity in vr and super modelling of all aircraft is truly remarkable from a small outfit.

Yes theirs a few bits and bobs on the planes and scenery need doing but when you are flying anywhere above 5000ft the scenery is as good as msfs2020 in my opinion and leaves the rest of the sims standing

I see moaning about clouds, must be me as i think they are better that other sims more natural and cleaner, and all of the aircraft handle really nice. Again a few bells and whistles missing on some of them. but overhaul, they are as good if not better than the stock aircraft on other sims

What do i know, well been simming for over 40 years have pilots licence so think ive got an idea

pc well nothing special nvidia RTX2070 processor 4.5

don't usually make comments, more to reading them, but felt that this team deserves credit for such a outstanding bit of programming

mhazy

• Yeah I agree, I have all the flight sims and the only 2/3 that I use regularly are Aerofly for general and commercial aviation and VTOL VR/DCS for military aviation.

As a predominantly VR user the only things I would wish for in Aerofly are:

1. just a basic ATC - even with other aircraft in FS4 I still feel like I'm flying in a "raptured" world. But I'm aware of the challenges faced with doing this

2. A map in VR - even if it's just on a disembodied floating window.

3. Controller profiles per Aircraft - or if it's simpler just multiple controller profiles - my Dash Q8 controls differ from my Airbus controls which differ from my GA controls and it's a pain remapping just to fly a different aircraft. This may already exist, but I've not found any obvious way of doing this.

4. Improved VR controller cockpit interactions - I'm not singling IPACs out on this as none of the major flight sims have got this anywhere near right. The only "Flight Sim" to have nailed this to perfection is VTOL VR. In fact I'll put my money where my mouth is and if the devs contact me by DM/PM or whatever it's called these days then I'll gift it to them just so they can see how it should be done.

Oh, and just one more very minor thing - Norwich Airport in the UK - you need to get rid of those massive 4 engine widebodies blocking the terminal building (in fact all widebodies). They wouldn't land there and if they did they wouldn't be going anywhere further, other than being scrapped and loaded onto trucks. The only commercial aircraft you get at Norwich are turboprops, small regional jets (Embraers and possibly the odd 737 if KLM or TUI doesn't have anything smaller at hand) and helicopters flying to and from the north sea oil rigs.

• 3. Controller profiles per Aircraft - or if it's simpler just multiple controller profiles - my Dash Q8 controls differ from my Airbus controls which differ from my GA controls and it's a pain remapping just to fly a different aircraft. This may already exist, but I've not found any obvious way of doing this.

Yes .. THAT will be fine !

mfg, Jens ... Flight-Sim.org

Mein Home-Cockpit ... My Simulator Hardware

MSI PRO Z690-P DDR4 --- SI INTEL Core i7-13700F 2.1GHz LGA1700 Tray --- Palit RTX4070 JetStream 12GB DDR6 --- 16GB DDR4 PC4400 --- SSD Patriot 1TB M.2 Viper VP4300 --- Pimax Crystal

Alles fliegt irgendwie,
    fragt sich nur wielange

• I'd like to join here. I was on the fence of stopping flight simming completely because of different situations I have with other simulators but AFS4 does it right for me exactly in the fields where others fail.

• Clouds look great. They are crisp and beautiful and overall a joy to looak at. The so called volumetric clouds others offer did not impress me at all because they are blurry and don't look right, I think the computing power is just not there yet to make so called volumetric clouds look right which would require to render them in much higher resolution grids. So far, I prefer well done billboard clouds because they just look better.
    • Overall image quality is excellent, no blurry rendering at all, everything is crisp and clear and looks just right (obviously I don't like blurry stuff in any aspect)
    • High resolution ortho imagery looks stunning in this sim, other sims using the same or even higher resolution imagery don't render the imagery this good.
    • Helicopter flying is excellent, feels slightly better than in X-Plane for me.
    • Aircraft sounds are good, partially amazing (X-Plane's fmod just sounds dull to me, there is just no fidelity in the sounds and I tried a lot of aicraft there).
    • Performance is great.
    • Forests look great, billboard trees never looked so good in any simulator, the way how the engine handles the transparency is excellent (X-Plane is very weak in handling this kind of transparent textures, it can't really fade them out so you see hard edges).
    • The High Quality Antialias is phenomenal, removes flickering almost completely on my 1080p screen.

:)

• Hello!, My opinion is that this Simulator is one of the best, the clouds are very good, I love them and I know there will be improvements, also the beautiful landscape, some tremendous fps, among other things.

We must think that when the flight simulators came out, all of us who had the opportunity to see or have a simulator in the 90's realized that everyone came without ATC, without rain, without traffic, etc., and that each one of those things was gone. adding with third parties, both to improve scenery among other things! and here we see that this simulator since it arrived has been native in super fluid virtual reality! and now with many improvements, traffic, many well-achieved airports, tremendous cultivation among other things!!, I must congratulate this small team which has done a tremendous job and I know that over time it will grow and improve!!!, on this side You have my full support and appreciation!!!

Thanks for Aerofly!!!

• I'd like to join here. I was on the fence of stopping flight simming completely because of different situations I have with other simulators but AFS4 does it right for me exactly in the fields where others fail.

• Clouds look great. They are crisp and beautiful and overall a joy to looak at. The so called volumetric clouds others offer did not impress me at all because they are blurry and don't look right, I think the computing power is just not there yet to make so called volumetric clouds look right which would require to render them in much higher resolution grids. So far, I prefer well done billboard clouds because they just look better.
    • Overall image quality is excellent, no blurry rendering at all, everything is crisp and clear and looks just right (obviously I don't like blurry stuff in any aspect)
    • High resolution ortho imagery looks stunning in this sim, other sims using the same or even higher resolution imagery don't render the imagery this good.
    • Helicopter flying is excellent, feels slightly better than in X-Plane for me.
    • Aircraft sounds are good, partially amazing (X-Plane's fmod just sounds dull to me, there is just no fidelity in the sounds and I tried a lot of aicraft there).
    • Performance is great.
    • Forests look great, billboard trees never looked so good in any simulator, the way how the engine handles the transparency is excellent (X-Plane is very weak in handling this kind of transparent textures, it can't really fade them out so you see hard edges).
    • The High Quality Antialias is phenomenal, removes flickering almost completely on my 1080p screen.

:)

I definitely agree with all the positives you listed. There are a number of things AeroFly does *extremely* well compared to the competition, especially in VR which is the only way I use flight sims. The crispness of visuals and whatever anti-aliasing magic they use is way ahead of the competition. I think that's one of the reasons I wish the sim was more fully-featured, though. It feels like it's right on the verge of being truly excellent, but it needs a few more things to get there, and I really want to see this sim reach its full potential.

• I'm pretty confident that more features will come in the future. The concept of creating the basics first and most important, doing them right, and then add more features later one by one is an excellent approach in my opinion. Other simulators are packed full of features but there are a lot of problems regarding basic things like image quality, performance, flight model, sound and so on.

For example, if I have no real time weather, I can still enjoy flying with a great performing and beautiful rendering using a manual weather setting but if I get bad performance, the visuals look unpleasant to me or the aircraft's engine sounds are getting on my nerves then I don't need real world weather nor ATC nor anything else because the experience is just not enjoyable for me. Regarding my original favourite simulator at one point I found myself spending more time working on having fun with it than actually having fun flying because of all the various issues it created for me over time.