Weather / Calendar / Time of Day settings...

• Can the preparation of a simulated flight session in AEFS 4 set:

.) Temperature / Dewpoint ? (i.e.: is air density calculated )

.) Winds at more than ground level ?

.) a precise calendar date / time for a flight, including proper Sum & Moon ephemeris ?

Limited by Main Thread...

• I guess because users would expect seasons. You can change the date in the config file but the images still show summer. However the sun's orbit really changes.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• The config file is external of Aerofly, hence there is no need to communicate with Aerofly. I am not a programmer but anybody who is able to write a simple programm that can change a textfile can do it.

Download the swiss winter scenery from chrispriv and change the date to January.

Regards,

Thomas

i7-14700KF @ 5.6 GHz, Geforce RTX 4090, 32MB RAM, 1TB SSD M.2, 1TB SSD M.2, 2TB SSD M.2, 32" Monitor 4K, Pimax Crystal

• The config file is external of Aerofly, hence there is no need to communicate with Aerofly. I am not a programmer but anybody who is able to write a simple programm that can change a textfile can do it.

Download the swiss winter scenery from chrispriv and change the date to January.

Yes it is easy to change the file, but it cannot be done when Aerofly is running as it is locked, and this means it cannot be changed without quitting the program, editing the file, and restarting. Using the current SDK i have been able to change the time of day when the simulator session is loaded.

• If the config file of Aerofly FS 4 has the same format as the config file of Aerofly FS 2, you might want to try https://github.com/fboes/aerofly-wettergeraet

If it works let me know, I will update the instructions.

Back than it made some settings more accessible, and allowed for loading live weather prior to starting the simulator.

• ...and it is open source - so if someone wishes to extend the Wettergerät, feel free to grab the code and make it your own.

It is very nice work, could possible take a look at it:) seems that config file format is similar, so think it should work nicely with Aerofly FS4. I think it is little strange that the date field exists in thr config file but cannot be modified from the UI though.

• Official Post

It is very nice work, could possible take a look at it:) seems that config file format is similar, so think it should work nicely with Aerofly FS4. I think it is little strange that the date field exists in thr config file but cannot be modified from the UI though.

It's because users would expect a change in seasons.

Regards,

Jan