scenery-sdk Syntax needed

• Thx Jan,

Just tried it out to place xref objects within the cultivation and it still seams to work.

This may be an approach even if not optimal at all for the reasons mentioned above. Anyway pleasing. :thumbup:

Would it neverless be possible to get an example of how the new definition/syntax for the buildings looks like with new building types, even if the SDK will then be released later?

Regards,
    Christophe

• Since POIs are unique buildings they should be modeled in the correct orientation and there is no need for an additional parameter to rotate them.

Exactly the missing support of the 'orientation' on FS4 makes the biggest part of the missing compatibility with FS2 sceneries, respectively makes it in practice nearly impossible to transfer sceneries from FS2 to FS4. This applies to both, professional sceneries and most of freeware sceneries!

For example, in the great "Lukla Mount Everst" add-on from Aerosoft, practically all objects (airport, ground and area, but also many objects like rocks, tents of the base camps etc.) are rotated without exception.

Aerosoft would have to realign and recompile several hundred objects, which they certainly won't do. With the possibility of the orientation it would be a relatively small effort to adapt this fantastic scenery for FS4, without this possibility simply not feasible, like for many freeware sceneries.

So I hope that at least for airports and all their objects the rotation resp. orientation will be supported furthermore on FS4.

@Question: Is it the case?

• Official Post

Again, it would be great to see a few examples on how this features is actually used. Once we get a better understanding we can consider adding back in such a parameter. The biggest drawback of the old solution was that geometries that were used multiple times were loaded multiple times as well just for this purpose. This is something we would like to change. Also from a loading perspective, to have many different 3D files wasn't optimal as well.

But again, if we can see some examples, we can provide a better solution.

• If I understand it correctly, it is like this:

• If I want to position the same aircraft type 100 times for FS2 in FS-cloud.com on an airfield, then I load 1x the object and then enter at 100 positions if necessary up to 100 different orientations.👍😄
    • In contrast, for FS4 I first have to create 1 object in 100 object variants with the desired orientation in order to position them specifically.🤔🤔🤔

Tschüss, Michael (🍎🚁)

Configurations:

- MacBook Pro (16", 2021); Chip: Apple M1 Max; actual macOS || Thrustmaster TCA AIRBUS EDITION: 1x Sidestick, 2x Quadrant, 2x Quadrant Add-On || Pro-Flight-Trainer PUMA X

- iPad (12,9", 4th Generation, RAM: 6 GB); actual iOS || nimbus steelseries

• Hi together,

what would be the way to go in my case:

I build my aerobatic box sceneries with a tool.

This Tool is using different objects like the chief judge tent, the judge positions, the line judge positions and a box-marker (a 9 meter x 2 meter towel.)

For Aerofly FS 2, the Tool generates my scenery by just giving the location and the direction of the box. It creates a fake airport with a tower view equal to the judge position (after an update some time ago the tower view was not working anymore and did not get fixed... but this is not subject of this thread). It also places all the box markers, judge positions and tent with the correct orientation, depending of the reference point and box orientation. I have only one tent, one judge, one linejudge and one box-marker object that needs to be loaded but placed at multiple positions in multiple orientations. I do not have one huge object for the whole stuff, because the Elevations are not equal in height. If I would do so, some parts would be in the air, some under the ground.

I still want to do the generation of the scenery by code. So how does myscenery need to be build up in Aerofly FS 4?

If I understand the comments here correctly, I would create an airport without objects but link a Cultivation file. The objects need to be transfered to xref objects and my Tool could create the Cultivation with these objects, placing and setting the orientation inside the Cultivation file. Would this work or should I build my scenery differently?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Smoke for aerobatic planes

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• Thank you for your reply. Enclosed as requested some examples, how the orientation is used as very often in the existing freeware and partly also commercial sceneries of FS2:

A) Airport project with all its objects

- Ground, Rwy & Decals of all Airports based resp. (automatic) generated on fscloudport.com (with exception of the XREF-objects)

- Add. non XREF-objects like hangars, towers, houses etc. alligned with the runway (as it is the case e.g. for the commercial Lukla Scenery)

- Add. placement and orientation of (generic) Helipads at Heliports

B) Single objects (corresponding to the new POI's)

- some objects concerned like large ships, some special buildings, bridges (other objects may already have the correct orientation)

- Note: some objects like huts in the mountain also have a ground-integration resp. adapted (seems not to be supported anymore too)

C) Placement of repetitive smaller objects

- most objects (automatic) placed and rotated using “ObjectGen” like:
    Boats and piers, powerlines, lift-stations and -pylons, passenger bridges and other non XREf airport-objects, cell towers, special vehicles, camping ground, trains and much more (f.e. rocks and tents of the base camps of the commercial Lukla Scenery)

• Since it is still not possible in AF4 to rotate custom objects by parameter (or am I wrong?) ... How can I create my own XREF objects?

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

- Flightpath recording on hard drive and replay in sim from different view points

- Multiplayer or at least watching other people flying sitting on ground or inside tower

• what exactly is your use case. What exactly is the goal you want to achieve? Maybe I can help you with the solution.

Greetings

Wuensch

I just don't want to build 360 variants (for each degree orientation) based on one object. (Box marker , tent...)

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

• That is, what I wrote in my first post including the reason why I cannot create one big object (parts would be flying over the ground or buried under the ground depending where in the world i build the box scenery.)

It is a local scenery created by code whereever globaly I want to create it (in any orientation including small modifications)

So I see only two options: creating the objects in the tsc environment if I can modify the orientations of the objects (currently not working) or...

Include the objects in the xref library and include it in the cultivation part (where I can choose the orientation. But don't know how to do custom xref objects).

Wish for Aerofly FS 2/4:

Edited once, last by flightxtreme (April 25, 2023 at 2:05 PM).